Chapter 4

After finishing my first two classes of the day, I have about an hour break before my next class.

Walking around with no one to talk to quickly becomes old, so I decide to text Talie to tell her about my day. I really miss her. I bring out my iPhone and quickly tap a message.

Me: UCLA sucks w|out you

I find a Starbucks off campus after wandering for what seems like forever, sit down, and order a caramel frappuccino. While waiting for my order, I look around. The place seems quiet and peaceful. This is definitely going to become one of my go-to places. Talie texts me back as I am in the middle of people watching through the big glass windows in front of the store.

Natalie: Did you make any friends?

Me: Unfortunately not, but I think I made a guy friend.

Natalie: Oh really? What's his name!?

Me: Pierce something, I forgot his last name.

Natalie: Details please!!

Me: Well he came up to me and offered to help me to my next class without me asking...

Natalie: ...and??

I can practically see her squirming with excitement.

Me: LOL, calm down Tal, it was nothing big! We just had a casual conversation.

Natalie: So nothing else happened?

Me: Nope.

Natalie: I'm sure.

I can tell that she's being sarcastic.

Me: What? Stop acting all suspicious!

Natalie: Fine.

Me: I think this girl named Carmen in my bio class doesn't like me though.

Natalie: What's she look like?

Me: Red head, bodacious bod, the works. Her attitude annoys me, and when I walked in with Pierce's arm around my shoulder she gave me a dirty look! I didn't even do anything to make her not like me!

Natalie: Slow down there hon, Pierce had his arm around you??

Damn, I should've omitted that part to avoid the fatal Natalie inquisition.

Me: It was nothing, just a friendly gesture!

Natalie: Lmao, right..

Talie isn't the type of girl to just drop this, she is definitely planning on bringing this up later. I decide to just go with the flow.

Me: After class she and Pierce were hugging and she started running her catty nails down his back. I think she was trying to spite me.

Natalie: But of course, She probably sees you as a threat.

I am about to laugh out loud when I realize that I'm in a quiet environment.

Me: Lmao Tal, what threat? To Pierce? That's funny bc Pierce would never go for someone like me. Not that I care anyway, I barely know the guy. Besides, Carmen's actually kinda gorgeous.

Natalie: Can't wait to see her then!

I can sense the sarcasm dripping from that sentence.

Me: I miss having you around. We need some girl time!

Natalie: We haven't been together for two hours and you miss me already? You should've put more into that hug I gave you this morning in the car ;)

Me: You always find a way to turn things around on me don't u??

Natalie: Always. I've had to make friends over the past month too, you will as well!

Fat chance. But instead of arguing I go with it.

Me: I hope so. When are you free?

Natalie: I'm free at 5 tmrw after school, maybe then?

Me: My last class is at 6 on Wednesdays, so pick me up at my dorm then? I'll text you my address.

Natalie: Kay. I gotta start heading to my next class beb. I'll pick you up around 6:30 and we can do whatever. See ya then?

Me: Sounds good!

I check my watch. I have 40 minutes to get to my next class. Crap, crap, crap. Campus is a 20-minute walk from here. That and the fact that I don't know my way around campus at all?

Basically, I'm screwed.

I make a dash for the door and being the clumsy person I am, accidentally bump into someone outside who is heading on his way in. What makes matters worse is that I drop my bag. Out spill all of my notebooks, pens, pencils, and more. Fantastic.

I quickly bend down to begin grabbing my stuff and shove them into my tote, not giving a care in the world about organization at the moment. I am literally going to be soooo late.

To my surprise, that same person bends down to help me gather my things. I can tell by his hands that he is a male... Where are my manners? In the chaos of the moment, I completely forget to apologize.

"I'm so sorry...." I begin to say.

He looks up from the ground when I start to speak. My jaw completely falls to the ground.

Oh my God.

I am staring into the most beautiful pair of eyes I have ever seen. Not only is it so intensely blue, but there are small specks of black that rim the edges of his eyes, close to the whites of his eyeball. They are honestly so indescribable; I've only seen eyes like that once before, but that was a while ago.

Holy shit, those eyes run deep.

He starts to chuckle to himself and I realize that I never finished my sentence and on top of that, I was just hard core staring. It is times like these where my face betrays me and I blush fiercely. I give a smile half-heartedly and continue.

"I'm so sorry, I should've been more careful!" I then grow concerned. "You're not hurt are you?"

"Nope, I'm perfectly fine," he smiles and I almost die on the spot. What is it with me and guys' smiles? I don't fail to notice the fact that he has a nice, even English accent, making him more attractive.

"It's my fault actually, I should been watching where I was going," he pauses and adds, "You look really good Esme, I haven't seen you in forever," he says, and I am completely thrown off guard.

"What?" I start off, "How do you know..." I pause. He looks familiar now that I think about it, similar eyes to Talie, but hers are obviously not as breathtaking as his. But he also has the same blond hair color and nose as her. Wait...
In a moment of realization, I squeal, "Axel? Axel Parker?" That's why he looks so familiar, he's Talie's older brother!

Axel was Natalie's brother who was older than her by two years, making him older than me by three years. He looked handsome and well put, which also threw me off guard. Last I remember, when he was a senior and I was a sophomore in high school, he definitely didn't look this handsome and this...mature. His blond hair is nicely gelled into place, it isn't too long but neither is it too short. And where did he get that British accent?

Remembering the current dilemma I'm in, I start to bid him goodbye. I need to leave like now.

"Again I'm so sorry, Axel! I'm kind of in a rush so I guess I'll see ya 'round?" I ask as I start to walk away.

He gently grabs my arm. "I can give you a ride to wherever you need to be, if you don't have one?" he questions.

I quickly shoot his offer down. "No Axel, I couldn't ask you to do that for me---"

"Seriously, it's no big deal. I don't have any classes for another two hours. I feel bad for bumping into you anyways," he says, blue eyes looking deeply into mine.

__________________________

I just want to thank each and every one of you for reading my story! It really means soooo much to me, I love you all xx

Please don't forget to vote, you guys make my day when I refresh the page to see a new person has actually read and enjoyed my story :)

Much love,
Alexis~~