Chapter 4

Bellatrix was sitting in silence, with no one but Lucius for company.

"Bella, I would love to stay with you longer, but I feel as if ever since you used the cruciatus curse on me I'd best keep my distance." Lucius said, not letting any fear escape his tongue.

"Fine. Woss." Bellatrix muttered, as a smile spread across her pale face. "Never like your company any ways,"

"Good." Lucius replied as her walked out the room. "At least the feelings mutual."

Bellatrix walked into the first living room in the Malfoy manor, the furniture was dark and all faced an old, wooden fireplace. There was a mantelpiece on top of it that was covered in pictures, mostly of Narcissa and Lucius, some on their wedding day and others throughout their relationship. The mantelpiece itself was covered in photo frames, Bellatrix had no doubt that this was Narcissa's idea, and as Bellatrix reached the back of the Mantelpiece she noticed a rather old picture. The picture was of three little girls, they were playing in a garden, one was taller than the others, clearly older, and had dark curly hair. The next seemed slightly younger, but was very similar in appearance to her older sister, except with lighter brown curls and soft, light eyes. The third was very young, 5 at the oldest, and had strait, blonde hair that heavily contrasted with her eldest sister. And yet it wasn't the eldest that she never saw anymore. The picture held a memory of the black sisters, Bellatrix, Andromeda and Narcissa, but Andromeda had been disowned for running off with Ted Tonks, who was not of pure blood. Bellatrix didn't miss Andromeda. She was a filthy blood trailer after all, Bellatrix would have liked nothing more than to see her suffer, but she missed the way they were together. All three of them.

Bellatrix held the frame tight in her hands, but before she could do anything else she heard a familiar voice.

"Bella, we really mustn't touch what isn't ours," Severus Snape announced.

Bellatrix groaned. "When did you get here, Snapey?" She joked. The Dark Lord may trust him, but Bellatrix wasn't going to let her guard for a second.

"In fact, I am here at your sisters request." Snape replied. "I know you don't want me here, and believe me I don't want to be here, but your sister seemed certain this was necessary."

"What was necessary?" Bellatrix snapped, turning to see Snape for the first time throughout their conversation.

"And it's true." Snape muttered quietly, biting his lip. "You are in fact with child,"

"Big Whoop." Bellatrix mocked. "I still don't get why your here."

"I am here on behalf on someone who couldn't be here himself."

"And who might that be, may I ask?"

"Albus Dumbledore."