Eleven • Diagon Alley

So you were not partnered up with the very man you were trying to figure out. It worked out well in the over all scheme of things. After all this gave you a much better chance of getting to know the man.

"We should go then, I suppose." You piped up, as an unsettling quiet ensued.

"Where do you think we should start?" Newt asked.

"Well by the looks of the witness reports we should look in any magical community in Britain. So starting with London seams like a good start." You replied, as you checked the grandfather clock sat in corner of the room.

"So... Diagon alley?" Newt suggested.

"Diagon alley. I can meet with an informant and even see one of the most recent scenes cause by this beast. If it is even a beast." You said as you tucked the file under your arm and drew your wand.

Walking over to the desk where you stood Newt examined your wand with a curious look.

"What?" You asked as he looked your wand over from in your hand.

"Who made that wand?" Newt asked.

"A wandmaker from Utah. In the U.S. Why?" You replied.

"It's a fascinating looking wand." Newt said as he reached his hand out to turn your wrist with his hand to see a different angle of the stem of warn, carved wood.

"My parents took me wherever they traveled for work. My father researched creatures, much like yourself. We were living in the American west at the time when I needed a wand, so I just got one there." You said with a slight nervous edge to your voice.

"Fascinating." Newt said, as he let go of your wrist almost a quickly as he took it. The warmth of his callused palm and warn fingers ghosting over your skin as he removed it.

"Shall we go?" You asked, as you lived your arm in his and appararated.

In the short time it took for magic to pull you to Diagon alley you were already nervous. Your stomach was in knots and your muscles in your neck and legs ached in anticipation. You had no idea what it was like in the field. You had always been more than content with sitting at a desk behind the scenes compared to aurors respectively, who were getting all the public credit for all the work you did. Solemnly because the aurors were there when the journalists for the papers showed up, wanting their piece of the theoretical glory cake.

You now stood in the Leaky Cauldron. Many of the ba patrons turned to look at you and Newt with an odd look, before continuing whatever they were doing prior.

"This way." Newt said, before he padded away soundlessly.

Following behind him the two of you exited the pub out onto the bustling trades area.

Following behind Newt, you weaved through the on going traffic of people. As you turned at the end of the block, the first thing you saw was a nearly dilapidated building. The roof of the building was caved in and the tile shingles littered the street floor all around the building.

It must have been a creature. A large one at that.

Please remember to vote if you liked the chapter, thank you.