Chapter 2

Sincere Harris

"Let's go Jay!", I yelled as he came into view from the right end of the field.

With a minute left in the fourth quarter the Red Skins had the ball, heading down the field as their quarterback was headed for the touchdown. This was anybodies game, as the score was weighing 26-23. All Jayceon's team had to do was stop the opposing teams' quarterback and this would be their ninth win, sending them into the playoffs and declaring them as district champions.

"Get on him Jayceon! Let's go, hustle!", I yelled as I sat on the sidelines with the injured and benched football players.

Anyone who seen me would think I was a football mom, which could practically be my title. Attending all of his games and sitting directly on the field with the rest of the boys was something that kept me active in his life as a whole.

As the quarterback began gaining on the end zone, Jayceon gained on him, placing his track skills into effect. Bobbing and weaving through all of the linebackers and even the running back, he tackled number twelve just as he was about to reach the end zone, knocking him directly in front of the line, causing the ball to fly into the air. The buzzer for the end of the quarter sounded off just as his tackle became effective, giving the Warriors their ninth win. Undefeated and on the way to the play offs, I couldn't be more proud of my brother.

"Yes!", I hollered, as I ran out on the field ready to embrace him in a large hug.

Pulling the Gatorade I had for him from my purse, I handed it to him as he traded off his helmet, placing it in my hand. His face was drenched in sweat, along with his neck area. He wreaked of freshly mowed grass and sweat, but that was the usual that I have become accustomed to.

"I damn near died tryin' to catch that nigga.", he laughed, downing his Gatorade.

"I see, but you did it and y'all are going to the playoffs!", I called out, just as his team members came rushing towards him.

"Nigga you ate that shit!", a player with the number fifteen displayed on the black uniforms stood in front of him.

I cleared my throat, getting the attention of the young boys around us that were congratulating Jayceon on his achievement on the field. Overall, he did great this game, receiving 256 yards, two touchdowns and handed out the game winning tackle.

"I'm sorry Ms. Harris.", the boy took off his helmet, revealing a child I knew all too well. A smirk displayed on his face as he licked his lips at me, causing Jayceon to smack him on the back of the head.

"Stop smirking at my sister nigga.", he scrunched his nose up before wrapping his arm around me, leading us in the direction of the locker room.

"Play offs here we come baby.", he had a toothy smile on his face.

"Yeah, I'll try to make as many of the away games that I can, but no promises.", I pouted a little, knowing that work would cut into our usual football game schedule.

"It's fine Sin. You've made every game since the season started. Missing a few isn't going to kill me.", he chuckled.

"I know, but I like to be there to support you.", we emerged to the door of the boy's locker room, which I refused to set foot in.

"Hurry up so we can get home, I have to go get Kaylani from dance practice then head off to work.", I retrieved my phone from my purse, realizing it was going on ten o'clock.

We all had our own professions, being the talented young people that we are. Exotic dancing was never something I'd think I'd be doing, but at the young age of twenty one, supporting my younger siblings, it was honestly one of the best decisions I've ever made. On the their hand, Jayceon has already committed to the University of Miami, and Kaylani has many performance opportunities along with the the luxury of being a beauty pageant sensation. None the less, we getting to the money.