1.5

-POV Samm-

I paced around, sat down, got up, multiple times for a solid hour when I finally got a message back from Opal.

Don't worry about me.

Don't worry about her! How could I not she just disappeared without telling anyone!

'Where are you?"

Nowhere

'C'mon Opal, tell me where you are.'

Fine. I'm at RoseBerg cemetery.

'Why are you at a cemetery?'

Just come down here.

I have no clue why she's two hours away in RoseBerg but I was going to go get her.

A fast two hours later I pulled into the cemetery, her truck was still there, good.

This cemetery was huge, how was I going to find her?

"Opal?" I called out.

I walked for a little while longer until I finally saw her sitting down in front of a grave.

I jogged to her and sat down next to her, I didn't say anything because she leaned on me, and started to cry.

In front of us was a tall grave that read, Iris Botten Iver Beloved wife and mother of two

We sat in silence for a while until she finally spoke, "if you couldn't guess, this would be my mom, and," she gestured to her right, "that would be my sister."

I looked over to the other grave, I didn't see it at first, Amethyst Destiny Iver beloved daughter of Iris Iver and Matt Iver

I was honestly speechless, I wanted to know what happened but I didn't dare to ask. After a while I helped her up, I wasn't sure if she was fit to drive so I put her in my car. I called a tow truck to come get hers. My family beach house lucky was only a forty five minute drive from here.

Opal and I got the beach house and she went straight to my sisters room and probably fell asleep.

I texted Zelda to let her know she was fine and safe. It started to rain.

It was the end of November, the light rain shower quickly turned to a heavy storm.

Opal hasn't come out of the room for three hours. I decided to check on her.

I slowly opened the door, the room was dark, she wasn't in the bed. The slider that led outside was slightly open letting rain water into the room. I walked in and went to the slider.

There she was outside in the corner curled up in the fetal position soaked in rain water. A loud crack or thunder sounded. I walked over to her and sat down next to her.

I then took her and hugged her, she instantly wrapped her arms around my neck and melted into me. She was crying silently, rain still pouring itself down on us.

"I killed them." She whispered into my shirt.

"What do you mean," I talked into her hair.

"I killed them. My mom and sister."

"How?" I know I shouldn't have asked but it slipped out.

"I was stupid. Freshman year I snuck out and went to a seniors party.  My sister found out and told my mom and they came to pick me up," she choked.

"You don't have to continue," I told her but she continued.

"It was raining really hard, my mom could barely see the road. We drove slow but it didn't help. I was in the back seat so I didn't take much of the hit. We turned on to a dark road-" she let out a little cry. "There was a drunk driver driving on the wrong side of the road going too fast. He hit the front of the car directly." She pulled away from me, "if I hadn't of gone to that stupid party they'd still be here, I hate myself! It was all my fault!" She was gripping onto my shirt and had her head down, sobbing. It was dark and the rain kept pouring over us.

I didn't know what to say, what to do. She reached up and put her head on top of my shoulder and hugged me extremely tight. I returned the hug.

Another crack of thunder sounded and she tensed up. Then I did something I didn't expect to do.

I pulled her off my shoulder and looked at her. Her eyes were puffy. I kept one hand on her shoulder and put one on her cheek. Then I kissed her. A sweet long kiss that we both melted into.

-POV Opal-

All the worry that I held melted away and evaporated into the kiss. Samm's hand was warm on my skin. Rain drops hit all over us but it didn't matter, what mattered was Samm and I.

The kiss seemed to last forever, not that I didn't mind. Our lips parted, we were both breathing softly. I'm sure neither of us wanted the kiss to end.

"I- I'm sorry," Samm pulled himself away from me.

I reached back out to him and pulled him back into a hug.

"Don't apologize," I whispered in his ear.

"C'mon, let's get out of the rain," he said while helping me up. He sat me down on the couch and went to get us towels.

He came back with a towel around his neck and handed me the other. I took it and dried my hair then wrapped it around my body. Samm's blonde hair was ruffled up, it looked really cute.

He sat down on the couch, without thinking, I sat down next to him and curled into him. He wrapped his arm around me and I fell asleep.

-POV Samm-

We were curled up on the couch, Opal sound asleep. Her hair was still soaking wet but I didn't mind, I sat there and ran my fingers through it, the sent of coconut filled my senses. She was simply beautiful.

The heavy rain pounded down on the roof making too much noise for me to be able to sleep, but I didn't mind, just having Opal here was better than sleep in all ways.

I sat there listening to the patter of the rain.