Day 18 (Night Scene)

Day 18 (Night Scene) (Not Edited)

Beware: A lot of F-bombs (Sorry about that!) and BAD GRAMMAR.

__________

Rory's POV

There are moments in life where you wonder if you should do the right thing or do... the other. Right now, as I sit by the front door, watching Kale leave, I ponder that very choice. Should I stay at home and forget what Kale was going to do? 

Or should I go and see what he was hiding?

Truthfully, my mind was made up. I wanted to find out what he was keeping a secret. 

However, I was conflicted by the morality of my choice. Spying on Kale was a complete and utter no within the guidelines of relationships. I should trust him- and I did, but the curiosity was killing me. I wanted to know, despite the consequences of drowning in guilt and getting caught.

'Just do it Rory. What do you have to lose?' I tell myself.

'Only the hottest guy in school as your boyfriend,' My conscience sarcastically bites back.

I blink, unsure once again of what I should do. Life would be so much easier if we didn't have to choose between things and compromise.

Why do I have to choose between fries and a flat stomach. WHY CAN'T I HAVE BOTH?

The garage door squeals shut and Kale's black Camaro reverses out of the driveway. Just as his tail lights disappear around the corner, I convince myself to go with the plan. 

Jumping into a black Camry with tinted windows, I rush to catch up. When I'm about thirty feet away from his Camaro, I slow down. Hopefully, he was distracted enough by this 'meet up' that he didn't notice me. I follow him for about ten minutes until he turns onto a small road near the Maple Bay train station. Sensing this is the end of the ride, I switch off my headlights and park right before the small road.

As I sneak my way towards the alley-like road, an uneasy feeling settles in my stomach. Only one light lit the entire path, casting shadows upon the older, abandoned part of the train station. Up ahead, Kale's car is parked by the curb. The farther I walk, the louder the voices get. They seemed to be coming from the entrance to the old cleanup station for the trains.

I scurry to the entrance, maintaining a distance so I'm not seen, and look for Kale. There is no one to be seen, but I hear their voices- Kale's and another man's. 

"So the prodigal son returns?" A harsh chuckle follows. "What happened? Missed your daddy too much?" 

By the sound of his voice, I would say he's a middle aged man.

"Nah, but at least I have a dad, unlike you asshole. One who can put Bill Gates out of business." I can hear the smirk in Kale's voice. 

"You son of a bitch," The other man growls. "I hope you're talking about Rob."

Again, I can tell there is a smug smirk on Kale's face, "Nope. Robert isn't my father. Never was, never will be. My real father will always be the one that raised me- Joe- not Robert." The coldness in Kale's voice makes me flinch.

Joe? Wasn't Joe Kale's adopted dad. My eyes furrow in confusion. Did that mean that Robert was Kale's biological father?

"I'm pretty sure Joe's sperm isn't what made you kid," The harsh-voiced man scoffs at Kale. "If it was, you think you would be here dealing?"

Something or someone moves, "Be grateful for what you have. Your old man is the best in the business!" The man whispers so quietly that I have to strain to hear it.