Chapter 5

Meg POV

After about half an hour of sitting back and waiting for Peter to come back, I decided to go look for him myself. As I ascended down the ladder and onto the soft soil beneath the tree house, I was reminded of when I fell off this ladder so long ago. That feeling of utter fear and despair as I fell down until I collided with the earth below was something that I will not soon forget.

I shuddered off the feeling as I made my way into the thick trees and bushes. I found the trail that leads to the lost boys camp and started to follow that, but being highly cautious along the way. If William is still around, which I don't know why he wouldn't be, he is the last person I want to see after what he did to me.

I swerved off the path right before the opening to the lost boy camp and pushed through the bushes and thicket towards the area where the Neverbeast was. Peter was probably going to be there trying to talk to Taylor. I sighed at the thought, even though he told me he loved me.

"Glad to see you have made the right choice, Pan." I heard William's chilling voice crashing through the shrubs and wild plants of the island.

"Let's just get this over with, yeah?" I heard Peter, my Peter, respond. They were near the edge of the tree line, near the dark side.

"First the girl. Where is she?" William asked. I heard grunts from the two other lost boy minions he had brought to this little meet up as backup, if needed.

"In the treehouse nose deep in a book. Doesn't know a thing about our meeting, or our deal."

This wasn't real. This couldn't be real. Peter.......trading me? For what, Taylor? He is giving me to the same boy who took advantage of me, and he doesn't care.

"You better not be pulling anything on me, Pan. Remember, I know all."

If that was the case, he would know I was here. Why was this time different?

"Of course." He smirked. I could have sworn he glanced in my direction. Did he know I was here?

"Let's get on with it then. I have a date with your girlfriend after this!" William slurred. He rubbed his hands together an withdrew a small clear jar containing a sparkling gas.
"Isn't it ironic, Pan, that I'm using your own magic to bring back the love of your life?"

I took in a quick breath. Did he just say Pan's magic?

"Yet another one of your deals I never should have agreed to." Pan sighed and paced in front of William.

"Oh but it was a fair trade, Peter. Your magic for her. I found her on that beach. I wanted her. But nooo, big guy Peter had to get to her first. Though, I must admit, it was worth stepping back for this." William swirled the jar around between the tips of his fingers

"Shut the hell up and get on with it!" I heard Peter's voice thicken with anger.

"Tsk tsk Pan. I suppose Meg is waiting for me." He cooed.

As William tampered with the bottle, Pan turned slightly in my direction. We locked eyes through the leaves. He looked at me and then the bottle. I struggled to understand. Then I saw his finger point at the bottle, then at the palm of his hand.
Then I understood.
He knew I would come looking for him. He knew William would still be up for the trade. He also knew what William himself did not have the power to free Taylor, and that he would have to use Peter's stored magic he traded away for me. Therefore, he knew I would be able to use my magic to get his back.
But do I?
Why should I return the only thing that is keeping Taylor from waltzing back into Peter's life?
But then again, I have already pushed Peter's love out of my head.....and my heart.
My hands started to tingle. I needed to do this. It was the last thing Pan needed to get Taylor back.

Then I would be out of his life forever.

A/N: WOW HEY!!! Love in Neverland has over 100k reads which is just beyond my wildest middle school dreams. Haha!!! But now I'm almost out of high school. I saw all the notifications to update so here it is!! Let me know if there is anyone still around! Love you all!

- cara