Chapter 8: Plans

*Huff* *Huff*

Rui Wei stood in front of the large walls of the General's Manor.

'Finally... This lady have already memorized the pathways within the alley next to this Manor! If anyone asked me to draw a map out of my memory of that alley, I would draw it and smack it on their face!'

Rui Wei, jumped over the walls using water as support and quickly dashed back to her manor.

Rui Wei groggily slump on her bed, just to stand up again...

 Changing her clothes and not forgetting to dispel the spell. Then sleep on her bed.

---

I have only slept for 4 hours, when a maid to came running inside my room, holding a brawling Ruzi.

"Aaaaaaawwaaaa waaaaaa!!"

I looked at the source of the noise, seeing the maid standing with a helpless face, I have already cursed the maid's 9 generation of family.

'Why the hell did you even apply as a wet nurse?!'

I sat up on my bed, Ruzi noticing the movement curiously looked, seeing it was me he stopped crying, and extended his small flubby hands towards my direction.

"Aaa uuuh--- aaaa" Seeing this the maid let out a sigh of relief.

She really can't be blamed, Ruzi has in fact been crying for more than 4 hours, she already did everything, she even performed some Magical skills that fascinate babies, forget about crying, kids would stubbornly ask her to repeat her magic trick... Which is some showy magic circles and other arts that have no use in battles.

The maid quickly handed Ruzi over, then retreating to the side with her head bowed.

Rui Wei, took Ruzi in her arms. Looking at his deep blue eyes...

'Uwah--- He even inherited my blue eyes....'

*Giggles*

Rui Wei rubbed her cheeks against Ruzi, he then cutely laughed and clung in Rui Wei's clothes.

Seeing Ruzi smile made Rui Wei unconsciously smile back. Rui Wei once again laid back to her, this time with Ruzi on her side.

----

Time passed and in a blink of an eye, two months have passed.

My nightly activity have continued, the assassin which have tried to kill me was in fact sent by the opposing party which is the Luluon kingdom. And Madam Lou was also attacked by assassins, but the people of the General Manor quickly dealt with it and even capture the assassin, not even a bit of the happenings was leaked outside.

As expected of the people serving the so-called God of War.

The question is--

If there are assassins sent by the Luluon Kingdom to dispose of General Dou's 1st wife, did they not think that the same thing might apply on me nor Lily?

Well--

Lou Fui Rong has 6th rank Martial artists and 5th rank mages as her bodyguards. And Steward Lii increased the bodyguards assigned after the attack.

Skyne Lily has 5th rank martial artists and Mages as her bodyguards, most of her bodyguards were sent by her paternal family, and a small part of them from the General's Manor. Her bodyguards have also increased, but the fact that she haven't step out of her room and eat less and less haven't change at all.

While I on the other hand, only have the measly Sona who is on the peak 4th rank, she is the strongest person on my side.... as most people on my side have only entered the early 4th rank, and below, be it on martial artists nor Mages....

So here's a Fun Fact; Steward Lii have purposely given me people who have the lowest cultivation level inside this Manor. My bodyguards and the guards assigned on my Residence have not been changed nor did they increase; even if there is a high chance that the enemy shall send assassins to kill me and Ruzi, Steward Lii did not increase my bodyguards nor people on my side have the ability to protect me from the assassins.

Steward Lii, is one of people from the Palace.

General Dou and Steward Lii are both serving the Emperor.

And this supposedly wise Emperor has given him an order to eliminate me, and see if Ruzi have the ability to cultivate, if he doesn't; they must also dispose of him. The reason being the Prime Minister which is my Father; might control General Dou through me or Ruzi. 

General Dou was in fact alive and kicking they just spread the rumor that he is heavily injured to fool the Luluon Kingdom which is quite effective, and he is not aware of the Emperor's plan of disposing me and Ruzi, but I doubt that he'll care.

The Emperor uses his subject's family, loved ones and many more things to tie the people he founds useful.

The examples is Lulu the Ice Mage, she was once valued and highly praised by the Emperor, but she met a bottleneck and is stuck at the middle of 5th rank, although her prowess is not in anyway inferior... her usefulness in a war has greatly decreased due to General Dou's exceptionally trained soldiers which are now fighting with the Luluon Kingdom and is on the winning side. Now, why is this Ice Mage stuck here as a mere kitchen maid, if Ice Mages were rare?

Simply because the Emperor holds Lulu's family as hostage, if Lulu dares to leave the Kingdom her whole family will be massacred, quite a common case in a Monarch-Subject relationship.

There's also the Wind Mage Turi, she has a twin which is a martial artist; who is participating in the war. Turi as a rare wind mage should in fact find a large influential sect and have that sect save her brother, just... her brother have been brainwashed by the Emperor so she has no choice but to meekly serve as a maid as of now.

I say, their talents are greatly wasted here... If they enter large influential sect , like the Phoenix Sect, Heavens Sword Sect, Culiao Sect, etc.  

They will definitely be greatly valued due to their talents. Lulu even though she's stuck at mid 5th rank, can just take a pill to advance in ranks afterall an Ice Mage is hard to find.

However before they can even think of this the Emperor would already be steps ahead them. 

Investigating things just fuels my desire to leave this place. But then looking at Ruzi, I can only shake my head, I need to procrastinate things 'till Ruzi can at least walk properly.

---

Almost a year has passed.

Skyne Lily in the end gave birth to a not-so-healthy baby girl. Lily after giving birth has been in  comma 'till now, Doctor Lola is doing her best to maintain Lily's weak breath. Her baby has been temporarily adopted by Madam Lou.

The war between the two kingdoms has temporarily stopped. But General Dou, has not even once set foot on the General's Manor, I think that they just they stopped but still fought secretly.

I didn't have the time to investigate the reason, as I am busy preparing for my false death.

That's right, I will stage mine and Ruzi's false death.

Ruzi has started to wobbly walk into places and will not fail to cry whenever he realize that he has been separated from me.

One more thing, the Maid Wu Sona is, for some unknown reason; is worshiping me. Her worshiping gaze is hurting this lady here.

I sat on the makeshift couch on my garden, Sona made this by shaping the ground in couch then putting layers upon layers of soft fabrics.

Ruzi is busy playing with the maids, while I am reading a book from the Dila Kingdom. Well I look like I am engrossed in reading the book, when I'm just planning on how I should make my false death more realistic. 

I have already collected the necessary information and things to create my false death. I want to make it look like a very natural death, as I don't want the overly anxious Emperor to investigate my death.