Chapter 13

The shop is in your hands, Anna. But you know you can always call my brother in case you need help with anything," Soph says, going through all the stock for the nth time.

"I'll be fine, you'll only be gone for a week," I say amusedly, following her as she zigzagged through the store. "I can't believe you're staying a few days with Jenny. So you guys did talk when I left after all."

"Yeah, kinda, it's just so we have more time together to really figure everything out, and to help her move out and get used to the new city, of course. It sucks going all alone to somewhere you don't know."

"Uhum, one week together, alone. I bet you'll figure a lot out indeed," I joke, wiggling my eyebrows.

I expect her to cuss at me but she simply lets out a content sigh. "I really thought she'd leave with us in a state of uncertainty."

"I'm happy for you, it's good to see you in love for once," I smile at her. "And don't tell me you're not in love, look at those eyes, there are little hearts in them."

"You're such a goofball," she groans, trying to play it cool but I can see right through her facade. "But I'm bummed I'll miss Daniella's birthday, Mrs. Sonia is going and I can't believe I'm going to miss it."

"Well, you're not going to miss anything, Daniella assured me she's not a problem. But some of Daniella's teacher friends from Flagstaff are coming too and I am a bit nervous about them."

"Why?" She raises an eyebrow.

"What if they don't like me? What if they realize I was Daniella's student? I'm terrible at lying."

"Well, Daniella invited them so she's definitely not worried," she rests a hand on my shoulder. "They don't have to like you, you're dating Miss Bootylicious, not them."

"Yeah, but I want to make a good first impression. They're Daniella's age and older, I don't want them thinking I'm some stupid teen she's having a fling with. I'm wife material."

"Relax, you're worrying too much."

"You're right," I sigh, it's no good to overthink like this. If Daniella isn't worried, then I have no reason to be. "So, tell me all the details about that conversation you had with Jenny."

"What are you insinuating?" she asks amusedly.

"Nothing," I smirk. "C'mon, tell me everything."

"No way, you creep!" she jokes, shoving me away.

The shop is already closed at this point and we're just cleaning everything up and checking on the inventory. It sucks that Soph is leaving tomorrow with Jenny, but I'm confident that I've gathered enough flower knowledge to be on my own at the store while she is gone.

"Alright, we're all done," Soph says, taking off her pink apron. "Are you sure you don't want me to take you home though?"

"No, it's fine, Daniella is almost done at the school, we'll meet at the park."

"How is she liking it there?" she asks, as we walk outside, locking the door and passing me the keys.

"We didn't have much time to talk, she's just getting to know the building and planning the classes. She's not teaching yet so it's hard to know but she seems to like it so far," I answer, pocketing the keys, can't lose these.

"It's a rich kids' school, everything there is premium, even the paycheck. She'll love it," she smirks. "At least let me drop you at the park."

"Soph, it's alright," I groan, pushing her to her car. "You have things to pack, and you should be worrying about whether that tin is able to make it all the way to California."