12. Damon

Alex "H-how?" Damon stutters out in disbelief

Alex
"H-how?" Damon stutters out in disbelief.
"It's a long story I'll explain once you let us inside" I say sternly, trying to hide my puzzled face as I dig back into the few memories I have to hopefully remember Damon.
"How can I trust you, I've see things both of you did, You're assassins, you kill people"
"Please Damon we need help, you can trust me I'm not going to hurt you"I smile sincerely at Damon.
"I swear to god if you kill me I'll-"
"You'll?" I smirk.
he lets out a frustrated sigh before stepping aside and letting us in.
"Thank you" I breath smiling at him.
The house was warm and cozy, it gave me a sense of de ja vû, I already felt like I knew every crook and crack of the house and I like I know where the bathroom is, which draw we store cutlery in and even how to use the shower.
"I'm Damon" Damon introduces himself to Bucky.
"I'm James, but you can call me Bucky" Bucky smiles and shakes his hand.
"Right so I am told that we where engaged..?" I question shaking off my jacket and hanging it up.
"Yes... can you not remember?" Damon frowns.
I shake my head sadly
"no in Hydra they wiped our memories--I probably shouldn't be telling you this. I'm sorry Damon but I can't remember anything about you besides the odd memory"
"It's okay you can't help it...so can I really trust you?"
"Yes Damon"
"Thank god" he breaths suddenly wrapping his arms around and hugging me tightly. It took me by surprise, considering to me he's a stranger but to him in his dead fiancée so I hugged back.
"I missed you" he smiles pulling out of the hug.
"Right, so care to explain how you both pulled that whole dramatic Romeo and Juliet death thing" Damon says wandering into the living room, beckoning for us to sit down.
"I'll make hot chocolate you two can warm up then I'll interrogate you" he babbles, chuckling lightly before heading into the kitchen.

We spent the next few hours answering all of damons questions, explaining technology to Bucky and Damon trying to help me remember my life before hydra by showing me old pictures and telling me stories.

I ended up sleeping in the guest bedroom and arguing with Bucky who was insisting on sleeping on the sofa. It's strange, ever since we got here buckys acting weird, weirder then normal. He's really quiet, and well he's quiet generally but he's barely spoke since we got here, he's distant and keeps zoning out, he acts like he doesn't want to be here. He was in such a happy mood before we arrived here, I don't understand what happened to make him act this way.

"Morning Alex" Damon chirps as I enter the kitchen.
"Morning Damon" I yawn.
"Oh buckys gone" Damon says nonchalantly.
"What?" I choke.
"I woke up this morning an he wasn't anywhere in the house, he left this on the sofa though" Damon says putting his cup of coffee down in the kitchen counter and handing me a neatly folded piece of paper. 'Alex' was written messily on the front.

I unfold the paper, taking in buckys messy hand writing.
Dear Alex, 
Im sorry I've left you, I needed to, I'm weighing you down. You're happy here with Damon, he can treat you better then I can, you have history together he can help you remember while I'm just a reminder of Hydra. I hope you understand, I hope we see each other again in the near future. Don't come looking for me.
Love from Bucky.