Chapter 21-The Asgardian Games

The next morning Catalina woke up in her own bed in her own room in Asgard. She stretched inside the large mattress and hugged her enormous silk sheets and fur blanket.

"Good morning Princess," a maid came in and opened the big purple curtains.

Catalina yawned and slipped out of bed. She bathed and dressed and headed for the dining hall, where her family and the rest of the royals were gathering.
She sat down next to Loki.

"Good morning brother."

"Good morning Sister."

"Are the Vanir still here?"

"Indeed, they leave tomorrow with the elves."

"Asbjorn?"

"Over there," Loki flicked his eyes in the direction of the table on the far right. "He looks pretty bad. You did a great job."

Balder leaned over next to his sister.

"He proposes a fight between us and his brothers. If he wins, he marries you. If we win, we keep you."

"Did Father agree to it?"

"Yes. The good thing is though, we can have some help. Asbjorn has six brothers. Father suggested we have some of the elven warriors join us."

"Am I allowed fight too?"

"Yes you are," Balder smiled and ruffled Catalina's hair.

After breakfast, Catalina approached Legolas and Feren.

"Would it be alright if you joined us?"

"With pleasure Princess," Legolas replied, and Feren nodded.

"You should also ask the king, he is a well trained fighter. Ask him," Feren gave her a reassuring smile and gently pointed her in the elven king's direction.

"Um, my lord," Catalina bowed to the elven king.

"Good morning my lady, what can I do for you?" King Thranduil smiled at the princess.

"It might be a lot to ask, but I was just wondering if you would help us today with," she pointed in the direction of the Vanir princes. "If you could help us with them."

The king frowned, but nodded.
"I'd be glad to help you my lady."

"Thank you my lord," Catalina bowed once more then turned to find Balder.
"They said they would help."

"Good. Now get ready, we're going to put on a show for them."

Not a half-hour later, the Asgardian arena was packed with people, all waiting for the games to begin.
Catalina stood infront of her mirror tightening her sword belt.

My first day back and this happens. Just great.

She met her team in the hallway. Her brothers wore their familiar armor and helmets. Thranduil wore silver and black armor with elven designs, and Legolas and Feren wore their traditional elven guardian armor. They were stunning, and Catalina believed fully in their abilities, although she had never seen the elven king himself ever fight.

"Now, what is our strategy Brother?" Catalina put her head together with Loki's.

"I have arranged so that you and I shall occupy the front line, then the elves, then Thor and Balder."

"We're actually fighting?"

"At the end, but before there are a series of games," he whispered.

"Which ones?"

"Well, I believe I heard jousting, a chariot race, archery, hammer throwing, wrestling, then of course the gladiatorial combat."