Chapter 1

"Aye!"

Ariana turned her head when one of her teammates, Shaggy, walked in on three out of five members of the team including her.

"Anyone hungry?" Shaggy asked, "I think I need an early lunch."

Ariana smiled.
His nickname was so befitting.

"Dude, you ate a burrito like five minutes ago." Scooter aka Scoot said,

Shaggy looked at everyone,
"No, I didn't."

"We all saw you." Scoot said,

Shaggy looked at all of them again, they all smiled at him, except Bob.
"That was five minutes ago."

The three of them laughed.

"Grande."

Ariana looked up when she heard her nickname.

"The director wants to see you." Bob, their last teammate walked in on them.

"The director?" Killian said,

It was unusual for the director to ask for anyone directly and not through their special agent in charge, SAC.

Ariana noticed all the looks they had on their faces as she got up and made her way towards the exit.
"Chill guys, it's probably nothing."

They all stood, facing her and nodded. She smiled and walked away.

"Ask the director if he wants to go get lunch."

Ariana rolled her eyes when she heard Shaggy call after her.

Why does Director Penn want to see me?
Ariana walked out of the elevator and made her way towards his office.

The only time she'd ever seen Director Penn was during briefings of top priority operations, red notice and wanted list kind. The team was currently running point on an operation, they'd just come out of a meeting with their SAC on how to proceed with the operation. Their SAC would've asked her to wait behind if she'd known about this meeting to discuss it before they went to the Director together.

Ariana stopped outside his door and knocked below the name slate that read Jack Penn, Director.

"Come in."

Ariana walked in and shut the door behind her.
"Sir, you asked to see me."

She stood at ease, hands behind her back, out of habit.

Jack looked up from the paperwork piled on his desk and smiled.
"Agent Feilman, please have a seat."

Ariana sat down reluctantly.
"May I ask what this is about, sir?"

Jack smiled at her and then packed some papers and stuffed them into a folder.
"I need you on a new assignment."

Ariana tightened her jaw, she knew where this was going. If he asked for just her, then he was pulling her out of the current operation and away from her team.

"It's classified, so anything you hear doesn't leave this room."

That piqued her interest.

Jack told her everything she needed to know about the assignment and Ariana sat there stunned.

"I'm sorry sir, but it sounds like you want me on bodyguard duty for Mr. Black."

"That's just your cover."

"Pardon me saying, but Mr. Black can very well hire a PI and an actual bodyguard."

"Mr. Black can protect himself, he just needs someone to watch his back while he gets his life back in order." Jack said, "The people after him don't seem like they're going to stop anytime. They have a job they want to finish and I need you on this."