CHAPTER ELEVEN

Meredith knocked on the bathroom stall Lexie was in. "Lexie, what are the results?" She asked. "Am I going to be an aunt or not?"

Lexie walked out of the bathroom stall.
"You're an aunt."
-
"When are you going to tell him?" Meredith asked as she walked with Lexie.

"I don't know, stop bothering me about it!" Lexie exclaimed. A few nurses in the area turned their heads.

"What are you looking at? Get back to work." Meredith said, causing the nurses to turn their heads back around.

"Just leave me alone, I'll tell him when I want to. Stop bothering me,okay?" Lexie spotted Mark and walked away.

Lexie walked over to Mark. "Happy birthday" Lexie said and stood on her toes. She pecked his cheek, which left a stain of her nude lipstick on his cheek.

"Are you making me a birthday dinner?" Mark said with a wink. He pulled Lexie closer to him.

"Maybe, what would you like?" She smirked.

"You know," Mark said. "You, obviously." He chuckled.

"I'll think about it." Lexie said with a smile and walked away.

-

Lexie fidgeted with her fingers and walked up to Meredith, who stood beside Cristina and Callie.
"Look, about earlier. Uh, sorry. Mood swings, you know?" Lexie said.

"It's fine." Meredith said.
"Are you pregnant?" Cristina asked, gaping.
"Yeah." Lexie replied.
"Well, have you told him?"Cristina asked.
"No, but I'm going to tonight at dinner." Lexie said.
"A party??" Callie asked, butting in.
"Uh..." Lexie replied.
"We'll be there." Callie said, walking off.

Lexie quickly walked off and to the nearest trash can, almost instantly throwing up.
"This pregnancy thing isn't going well for me." She thought to herself.

[Later That Night]

Mark was still on his shift, and Lexie was off. She went home to prepare the "party," thanks to Callie. She hung simple banners on the wall, and baked a chocolate cake. People were starting to arrive.

"News spreads fast." Lexie said to herself as she set out small snacks and beer for people to have. About 30 minutes later, almost everyone was there.

Callie called from the hospital to say that she, Mark, and Arizona were leaving soon. Lexie knew that when they left the hospital that it wouldn't take them long to get home, since their apartments were close to the hospital. Lexie told everyone to hide and cut the light off, snagging a spot behind the sofa.

Mark opened the door to the apartment.
"Lexie?" He said, noticing the lights were off and the room seemed empty. Mark cut on the lights and the guests jumped up, Lexie first.

"SURPRISE!" they said.

Mark smiled and hugged Lexie, then pulled her in for a kiss. Lexie handed him a beer and wished him a happy birthday, grinning widely at him.

Mark seemed to be enjoying the party. Lexie wished she could have some time alone with Mark, mainly to tell him about her secret, but also to celebrate his birthday.

Not long after the cake was served, people were leaving. "Finally." Lexie thought to herself. The last guest to leave was Callie, who had gotten fairly drunk. Lexie was glad Callie didn't 'spill the beans' while she was under the influence of the beer.

Mark shut the door behind Callie and worked his way over to Lexie. He pulled her into the couch and kissed her. He moved down from her mouth and kissed her neck gently, but Lexie pushed him away.

"I have something for you." Lexie said, smiling widely. Lexie got up and ran to her room to get a gift. When she came back, she sat down beside Mark.
"What is it?" He asked.
"You'll have to find that out for yourself." Lexie replied, chuckling.

Lexie handed Mark a small brown box with a red bow on the top. Mark laughed, and opened it slowly. When he finished opening it, he picked the item up. Mark was stunned.

"Lexie," he began, smiling. "I'm gonna be a dad."
"Yeah. A good one, too." Lexie said.

Mark pulled Lexie in for a hug, and didn't want to let her go. Lexie noted that Mark's eyes were tearing up.

"I'm glad you feel the same way I do." Lexie said, overflowing with joy.
"Of course I do, Lex. I love you more than anything. Of course I do." Mark replied.

-

A/N ; We figured it was about time for something big to happen in the book, and we were very excited to write this chapter. We hope you liked it!

We also made a small AU (Alternate Universe) of the last chapter. So I thought we'd share it.

 So I thought we'd share it

p.s. Does anyone want to guess the gender/s of the baby? We already have it planned, but not written!

Keep voting, commenting, and reading in general! It means a lot!

-Emily, callietcrres