CHAPTER 8

Short chapter today! Thanks for all the votes and new readers! 

To be honest, I didn't feel like writing more of this story for a while, but having new readers and comments just makes it all the more better. 

Do you want to see more of Seamus? He's personally my favourite character. We'll find out more about him later.

Read on!

(If someone comments on the place again, even if it is a fucking lake- I will add a chapter just to roast you. I really will do it and I'll fuck you up online.)

It was the night of the date. And by God was I feeling nervous. I had never been nervous about a date in how many years, usually completely at ease with myself. Now, I questioned everything about my appearance, personality and even my taste in steak. Medium rare.

I smoothed my hands over my navy dress, falling to mid calf and plunging on the neckline. It was one of my favourite dresses and the one I never wore unless it was for special events. And this was a very special event.

Pulling on my silver strap heels I looked in the mirror. Dark lipstick coupled with light eyeliner and old hollywood curls, I slayed.

Hugh whistled as I walked into the lounge, part astounded and part sad. "You look amazin sweetheart" 

Seamus sat on the couch and looked up, mouth falling open as his gaze raked over me. "I'm almost jealous" 

I grinned, kissing him on the cheek before sitting in the chair next to him. For the first time in my life, I was nervous about a date. Voicing this, Hugh smiled. "Nothin to be nervous about. I seen the way Ripper looks at you, and how much time he spend with you. If anythin, he'll be tearing himself to shreds on the inside when he come here"

The butterflies intensified, seeming to do flips and twirls in my stomach. A resounding knock sounded and Hugh got up before I did, stretching his big hands. "Let me, I've never done this before" He opened the door, getting bigger with every second that past.

Ripper stood in front of Hugh, looking more handsome than usual in his black jeans and turtleneck. His blonde curls were slicked back, exposing more of that angular face that I loved to look at.

"You take care of her Ripper. Or I'll have your balls on a string"

It was me who gulped.

Ripper nodded, before his honey eyes found mine. They widened slightly then ran down the length of me, seeming to grow darker as he came back up to my face. "You look beautiful" Ripper said, voice hoarse. I blushed- blushed for Gods sake- and placed a hand on Hugh's shoulder.

"You've done well dad. Best male stare down I've seen in years"

Hugh laughed then pushed me forward, catapulting me into Ripper's arms. "Don't let any of your shit hurt her Ripper. I mean it"

Ripper stared at my father for a moment longer before nodding and wrapping a strong arm around my waist, instantly encasing me in a sense of safety and care. 

"I'll never hurt her on purpose Pres"

Hugh seemed slightly satisfied and flashed a quick smile at my confused face. "Plus, you can hold your own with any bitch that comes your way right hun?"

Laughing, I slapped his arm, ignoring the heat that surged from where Ripper's arm was around my waist. "I'll crush them under my stilettos daddy dearest"

______________

Ripper sat in front of me, leaning backwards on his elbows. He looked like a painting, blonde hair mussed over his head, honey eyes a deep gold.

"I like this place" I murmured, looking out over the lake. The lake was near a small cottage shop and had the most astounding of views- feeling like a real piece of Ireland. Ripper's lips tilted up slightly, intense gaze still firmly on me.

His calloused hand reached out and ran down my face, cold to the touch but I couldn't help leaning into it. "This is all new to me." He murmured, sitting up fully. I ignored the way his body called to mine, and the way his voice lingered in my mind, I needed to listen.

"I want this to be serious. This feeling- right here- is too much to ignore for it to be a fling." He beat a hand over his chest where his heart lay.

"If you think I'm coming on too strong or too fast, you need to tell me. Because if you don't, every fucking biker in Ireland is going to know I've claimed you by tonight"

His words set my blood boiling, a rush of heat and something else in it that made me feel cherished, on edge and completely lost in him. Ripper wasn't just beautiful, he had the most intense personality of anyone I had ever met. He was protective, reserved but insanely emotional- I could tell by the whirl storm in his eyes- and he had it directed toward me.

I didn't know if I could handle someone as intense as him. Living on my own for years and years, you come to depend on yourself- and that's it. Bianca and I were alike in that way, we went with the wind and carried on walking.

But I couldn't deny the passion he had ignited in me either.

"Corin?"

His low voice shook me out of my thoughts and I gazed up at him. "I've been on my own for a long time, fuck, probably more than I think I have. And in that time, no one has ever made me feel the way I do towards you" I glanced at my hands, thinking my next words over.

"I want something with you. But I don't know if I can give what you want. I have a lot of baggage, a lot of wounds that I'm still processing and...well, I've never been one to settle you know?"

Ripper's face was inscrutable, slowly shutting down when he thought I was going to reject him. I grabbed his hands, clasping them tightly.

"If you don't mind someone who swears too fucking much, has too many problems, insane jealousy complexes, likes getting into fights and can't clean to save a life, then yeah. I want to have something with you too"

Ripper didn't smile- never really did actually- but the amount of male satisfaction that was rolling off him made me laugh. Suddenly he pushed me down gently, a hungry but content look in his eyes.

"Fuck yes" He growled, the sound making my thighs clench. Oh God.

He leaned down over my face, honey eyes blazing, and crashed his lips to mine in a mash of lip and teeth, the kind of kiss that draws out moans and curls your toes.

He ran his tongue over my bottom lip, easing his way into my mouth and mingling with mine. I moaned, wrapping my fingers in his hair and trying to bring him closer, the static of his touch sending my mind into a daze.

Ripper slowed, giving my mouth more languid licks, lips easing until all you could hear was the sound of our heavy breathing. "Christ" He panted, arching against the hand that had wandered all over his hard back. "Even better than I imagined"

A flush of red ran up my neck and I felt my body pulse with a need- for Ripper. Ripper let his eyes stray down my mussed form, licking his swollen lips as he saw what I really looked like. I kept my fingers in his hair, playing with the soft locks. 

"I love your hair"

Ripper grinned before leaning his face back down, reminding me of something else I loved about him too.