Chapter Ten

Alanna had to admit that she enjoyed her little night talk with Tiffany. They talked about stuff that they would only ever share with each other. Tiffany admitted that Alanna was her best and most trustworthy friend. As much as Alanna hated to break it to Tiffany, no matter who it is, a Slytherin isn't trustworthy.

The two girls finally fell asleep around midnight. When Alanna woke up, it didn't take her long to realise that it was nearly eight o'clock and that her first class was at nine. She quickly began getting ready, waking Tiffany as she went.

"No, sleep good, life bad," Tiffany grumbled. When Alanna refused to stop moving and continued rambling about how they were going to be late, Tiffany finally sat up. She glanced at the clock on the wall and her eyes widened drastically.

"We're going to be late!" she exclaimed.

"You're telling me!" Alanna shot back. "Come on, we still need food!"

Tiffany shot out of bed and began organising her bag. Alanna pulled her black hair into a sloppy bun sitting on top of her head, her fringe swept to the side. She admired herself in the mirror for two seconds before beginning to arrange her books in her bag.

"What do we have first?" Tiffany asked. Alanna quickly pulled her timetable from her bag, her eyes scanning to the column titled 'Wednesday'.

"Defence Against the Dark Arts," Alanna answered as she shoved the timetable back into her bag. She grabbed her quills and some parchment and threw it into her bag. She quickly re-checked her appearance in the floor-length mirror and nodded in approval, blowing some of her thin hair out of her face. She swung her bag onto her shoulder. "Are you ready, Tiff?"

"Almost," Tiffany answered. She grabbed a hair band and her hairbrush and pulled her blonde hair into a high ponytail. She zipped her bag closed and threw it onto her back. She grabbed her Defence Against the Dark Arts book from her bed and nodded. "Okay, I'm ready."

"Time for food!"

"Amen, sister!"

- - -

Arriving to the Great Hall, Alanna found that the Marauders were also running late to class. After asking them what class they had first, she realised that they had the same class.

"Okay, cool." Remus flashed a smile in Alanna's direction. She resisted the urge to smile back and instead grabbed a piece of jam toast.

"No, Remus, not cool if we're late," she said stressfully. She began rambling about the detentions they would have before Remus grabbed her shoulders, stopping her from pacing beside the Gryffindor table.

"Allie," he said softly. "Relax. Breathe."

Alanna took a deep breath while James and Sirius shared a knowing look. Both boys watched the interaction while Tiffany conversed with Peter.

"Okay?"

"Okay," Alanna breathed. She gave Remus a warm smile. "Better."

"Alright. Can we go? Because while I'm not as stressed out as Alanna right now, I still don't want a detention."

"Relax, it's only Jeckels. She's cool," James said. Remus shook his head in disbelief before his gaze switched to Alanna.

"You wanna get outta here? Get to class on time, rather than stay here with these loons?" he asked her quietly. Alanna nodded and grabbed Remus' hand, beginning to tug him along.