~Chapter 37~

*Edited*

>Are you ready for what's coming up??

>Enjoy!
________________________

C.J

Our firehouse and a few other firehouses in the area were asked to be in a 4th of July parade. And I'm excited to be a part of it. A few of my co-workers and I are going to go shopping to decorate our Fire trucks. Since we were on duty, we drove the fire truck.

We stop at Party City first and another store. Park in the parking lot. Got out and made our way in.

There were a lot of decorations.

We grab two carts just in case. To decorate our two trucks, we will need a lot of everything. Tim grabs the flag and stars banner while I got the blue, white, and red streamers. The decorations filled both of the carts and were straight to check out.

After paying for our decorations, we got take out for lunch. The order was simple. Seven large fries with gravy and a BTL burger. And seven Pepsi to go.

It was hot and a little humid, but not that bad.

"I think we have an audience," Rick whispered to me and jerking his head to the right.

The audience means girls are goggling at you.

I see a group of ladies in their early twenties looking at us. I know that every woman is like a man in a uniform. Every woman's fantasy.

"They can look, but they can't touch," I added to our conversation. He nodded his head.

After eating our lunch, it was time to go back to the firehouse. Gathering our bags and placing them on the table in the garage.

"So, tomorrow's the parade. Do you have any idea how to decorate the fire?" I ask the men that were around the table.

Nobody said anything. Just thinking too hard if how to decorate the fire.

"Well, we can put the blue, white, and red banner on each side of the truck and maybe put the surrounding stars?" Tim suggested. I can picture what he's thinking.

"That could work," I say.

"Should we decorate it now or later on?" I question everybody.

Rick was about to answer that when the alarm went off.

"House 31, a fire on fourth avenue north." The intercom said.

"Will talk about this later?" I said to Rick and my co-workers.

We got ready and drove to the fire. As we got closer, I noticed that the garage beside the house was on fire. People outside watching the fire burn the small building.

"Corey, Rick, And Tim get the hose and take the fire out. The rest of you make sure nobody's in there." The chief said out loud.

Rick and I grab the hose quickly and unraveled it. While Tim and a few men hook it up to a fire hydrant nearby.

Hopefully, nothing expensive is in that garage of theirs. The flames are growing fast.

"Turn it on," Tim yelled at me. He got the hoses connected to the fire hydrant and turn the water on.

I flip the handle towards me. A powerful rush came into my grip. I got to hold on tight. It takes a few times to grab hold of it when it's your first time using it.

I began putting out the fire.

BOOM!

A big explosion came from the garage.