~Chapter 38~

*Edited*

> Could Tasha be having her baby during the rescuing? Or when she's due? But who knows.

Enjoy
😬😬😬😬
________________________

C.J

We were about to drive to the parade. When the ground and the building shook hard.

"Earthquake, everybody out," I yelled at everyone. They all rushed outside just in case the firehouse collapsed. Hearing all the alarm sounds coming from each vehicle.

That was my first time feeling an earthquake. Still feeling the ground shake. Seeing people coming out of their buildings and standing in the middle of the road.

The first thought that came to mind was Tasha. I hope she's still at home and hasn't left yet.

Seeing bricks breaking from the wall of the building and falling to the ground. Hearing people yelling.

The shaking stop. But for how long?

I ran straight in to grab my iPhone and called her. It rang.

"Come on, come on, pick up." Whispering to myself.

"Hi, this is Tasha Ford. I can't come to the phone right, but if you leave your name, phone number and a message. I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you."

Hearing a beeping noise.

"Hey, Tash. It's C.J call me as soon as you get this, please." Panicking now. I hope she's somewhere safe.

Then I called my mom next. I hope she's with them.

"Mom is Tasha with you?" I had no time to say hi.

"No, she's with your sister. Did you try calling her?"

"Yeah, I did, but it went straight to voicemail. I'll call Jane."

"You be careful, you hear me." The panic in her voice says she's scared.

"I will. I want you and dad to get to safety."

"We will, honey. Go find her. Bye, son. Love you." My mom's voice was a little upsetting, but worried.

"Love you and dad. I'll call after. Bye." I hanged up and called my sister.

"Corey." She sobs into the phone. Which got me panic even more.

"Is Tasha with you?" I ask her.

"No." She whispered into the phone.

"Where are you?" Please be somewhere safe.

"Tasha was meeting with her boss, the building shook. Bonnie and I got out before it collapses." I remember Tasha telling me that last night.

"Okay. I'm on my way. Go somewhere safe. I'll be in touch." I hung up without saying goodbye.

Once I'm done coming out of the room. I see my team gathering around the table.

"I need to my girlfriend's work right now." I was getting a little frustrated. Every second we waste is someone is dying.

"Corey settled down. There are three blocks of buildings that are collapsed and dangerous. We can't just bring our trucks in there." The chief knew I was getting frustrated and worried sick. Gripping my shirt so I wouldn't walk past him.

"When had the last contact with her?" He asks again and his grip loosens.

"Last night, but I tried calling her and it went to voicemail. My sister was with her. Tasha had to meet her boss at her and then the building collapse. I need to find her now." I was furious and worried at the same time.