28: The Grill

"Come on, please?" Nick's voice rang through my phone's speaker as it sat on my dresser

"Come on, please?" Nick's voice rang through my phone's speaker as it sat on my dresser. I shimmied my pants on while Nick continued his overly long please.

"How many times do I have to say no?" I buttoned my jeans before picking through my closet for a shirt.

"I'm going to keep asking until you say yes." Nick was defintely smirking. We'd been talking for the last two days nonstop, and he can probably tell that I don't 100 percent hate him anymore.

"I told you already, I have a boyfriend."

Nick hummed a no, "you said you and a guy had some complicated things going on. You never used the word boyfriend. Plus, it wouldn't be a date! It doesn't need to have a title. Just two old friends having dinner. Or if your not comfortable with dinner, we can get drinks."

"Nick-"

"Oh wait, former alcoholic, right.." Nick paused, letting out an awkward laugh. "Coffee, dinner or coffee. Please, Blair."

"Why can't you just explain yourself over the phone? Why does it have to be in person?" I asked, pulling a light blue sweater on.

"You can't see my sincerity over the phone."

"Fine. Meet me at the Mystic Grill at six, we will have dinner. You're paying. Don't be late." You could hear him smile as I spoke.

"I'll see you then." He spoke happily before hanging up the phone.

+

I walked into the grill at 5:45. I didn't want to be too early and look like I was waiting for him forever, but I also didn't want to show up late like I didnt care to come.

The place was packed. A bunch of people were crowded in front of the stage, and Caroline was on the stage singing. It didn't take her long to spot me walk in, and when she waved at me, I seen Elena, Jenna and Bonnie's eyes all land on me as well. Elena excused herself from the others and made her way towards me.

"I didn't know you were coming to this." Elena smiled, trying to act like nothing was wrong between us. "You could have rode with us."

"I wasn't planning on coming to this." I said, referring to the little concert going on.

"Oh, why'd you come then?" Elena asked.

"I have dinner plans with someone." I decided to be honest, because she would probably still be here when Nick showed up. "I didn't realize that there was anything going on tonight when I made the plans though."

   "With Damon?"

   I shook my head, "no, my ex. Nick." I waited for Elena to yell, saying something like 'how could you go out with someone so quickly after Damon? You two didn't even really break up!' But she didn't yell.