3.3

❀Courtney's P.O.V❀

"Oh my goodness, that dress fits perfectly on you!" Emily cheers as she slips into her own dress.

I smile, "Thank you, it took me a while to pick it out."―I turn my back to her―"Can you please help zip me up?"

She zips up the dress without much of a worded answer and I then return the favor when she asks.

"So, I told Damien to guess the color of my dress." She says, letting out a soft laugh.

I eye the length of her dress before shaking my head, "You're evil, you rarely even wear that color."

"It's such a nice design, though, I couldn't just pass it by."

"Do you actually think he'll come close to getting it right?" I inquire, arching a brow as I begin to curl my hair at her vanity table.

"I hope so," she starts, "But if he gets it wrong I still bought him a bow tie."

"Give him a break; like I said, you rarely even wear that color. I'm surprised you didn't get a black one like mine."

She smirks, "Black is my signature color, but I wanted a change for one of the biggest moments of high school."

"You do know we also have next year prom, right?" I point out, putting down the next section of my hair to curl. "We're just lucky our boyfriends are seniors and we get to experience the moment twice."

Silence surrounds us and I look in the mirror as I twist a strand around the curling wand, smiling to myself.

"Who do you think Ricky will take..?"

The question catches me off guard and I hiss in pain when I burn my finger on the curling wand. I turn to see her looking down at her hands, fidgeting with her fingers.

"I know I shouldn't care about him anymore, but he was my first love..." She sighs, "No matter how hard I try not to think about him, I still do."

"Ricky never loved you, Em. Damien, on the other hand, really does love you. He's loved you long before you even started dating Ricky. After all, he would always do everything for you." I slowly say, setting down the curling wand. "Do you remember those days? When Julian and Damien would compete to make you happy."

She smiles at the memory, "Yeah, I always saw him as a second brother back then."

...

"Do yourself and him a favor and never say that in front of him." I deadpan.

"Got it." She nods curtly, leaving us to continue getting ready.

"Good," I say, turning back around and continuing to curl my hair. "Ricky broke your heart and Damien immediately saw the chance to fill the void in your heart. Whatever you do, just don't hurt Damien, he just wants to make you happy."

"I know, and I really do appreciate it. I really like him, Courtney. I think I might start feeling a bit more than liking but I don't know yet...I'm just so confused."

I smile to myself, "You'll figure it out soon enough."

"I sure hope so."