23| ignored

"I was just worried about my...boyfriend."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

Thankfully, the rest of the class seemed to forget Draco's big announcement once Hagrid let the students take individual rides on Buckbeak. First, Harry Potter unknowingly volunteered himself to ride, as he was thinking too much about what Draco had said to even pay attention.

At first, Harry was frightened by the creature. But, as soon as he landed back down on the ground, he was smiling from ear to ear in fascination.

I beamed, "Great job, Harry!"

At my enthusiastic words, Draco Malfoy scoffed and advanced towards the large creature, "Give me a go at that thing!"

Switching my gaze onto the blonde boy, I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "Draco, what are you doing? You're going to get hurt-"

"Please, if Potter can do it, it must be easy," Draco replied, stepping before Buckbeak. "You're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute-"

"Malfoy! No!" Hagrid yelled.

But, it was too late.

In a flash, Buckbeak's claws slash down on Draco's arm, causing him to fall over from the forceful blow. Heaving several panicked breaths, Draco immediately looked down at his bleeding arm and let out several loud cries.

"It's killed me! It's killed me!" Draco whined, rolling around in pain.

Gasping in disbelief, I stood and watched from afar as Hagrid raced over to his limp body. After bending down and picking him up, he then announced to the class, "That's all for today!"

Keeping still, I watched as Hagrid carried Draco through the trees, heading straight for Madam Pomfrey. It wasn't until Hermione Granger tapped my shoulder that I broke out of my trance.

"Y/n, aren't you going to go with him?" Hermione asked.

Shaking away my thoughts, I hesitantly turned to her and answered, "Yes, of course. I'll see you guys later."

Just before departing, I spared one more brief glance at Harry, who's beaming smile had now fallen into a frown. It was obvious that he was upset, and by the way he was looking at me, I could tell that there was something he wanted to say.

But, that moment quickly passed.

"Go on," Harry spoke lowly, pulling his gaze away from mine and focusing on the ground.