Memories 3

James POV
I walked through the hallways with Korra at my side. She was telling me about a girl that cheated on her boyfriend, I wasn't interested I just nodded. "You aren't paying attention aren't you?" She asked and I turned nervous. "Of course I am, you were talking about Linda." I said and she rolled her eyes. "Lindsey." She corrected and I smiled weakly. "I'm sorry." I told her ad she kissed my cheek. "I'm sorry too, I'm boring you." She said and I smiled. She was amazing. I heard somebody laugh loudly and my eyes fell on Juliet and Phoebe. Juliet had tears in her eyes, she was such a weirdo, who I loved dearly. Phoebe had a big smile one and held her stomach. Her hair was following her movement. I was so amazed by her beauty that I forgot Korra. "James, please stop the staring." She snapped and I came out of my trans. She pulled me to her locker and my eyes went back to Phoebe. She was wearing white summer dress with a jean jacket over it. Her hair was loose and she didn't wear any makeup, if she did I would force her to wash it off. That would be the end of me. She's already gorgeous like that and if she puts makeup on... her eyes glistered from happiness and it made me smile. Then that Peter guy came over and she attacked him with a hug. Was she into him or? After she bid on him everything turned bad. All my childhood friends were gone, I had a big fight with Juliet and I lost Phoebe. "Do you want a binocular to help you gaze at her?" Korra snapped as she closed her locker. "What?" I asked her. "I'm not blind, you keep starring at Phoebe. I know she's not the ugliest, but please you're mine boyfriend. Not hers." She said and I used my moms gift to help me out of this one. "I'm just looking out for Juliet, she started to date Andrew. I don't want her to get hurt." I told her and she believed me. She gave me a hug. "Don't worry, babe, she'll be fine." She told me and pulled me to the next class. I wasn't completely lying, I didn't liked the idea of she and Andrew. First he was older and I should be the only guy in her life, that sounded weird I know. But I'm her twin, I just can't live with the idea of not being her number one guy. Although we've been fight since forever. We arrived in class, with them behind us. "Petey, you coming Friday?" Phoebe asked, I had to keep from smiling from her voice. "Of course, high school musical rocks!" He said and I stopped in my tracks, she bumped into me. She was gonna she high school musical with somebody else than me. Charlotte, Juliet or Ben would be fine but not that ass that stole her from me. "James?" Korra asked and Phoebe frowned at me. "We don't want to be late in class, James. If you continue to daydream about Phoebe, you can do that at home." Juliet told me and I saw Phoebe blush. Korra glared at Juliet, who smiled at her. "Leave Korra alone." I told Juliet and pulled a smiling Korra with me. "Ass." I heard Juliet mutter and that hurt. "Guys, new seats!" Mr. Wright said and Korra grimaced. "Oh I don't wanna sit next to Juliet or Phoebe or Ben." She told me and I looked at her. "And Charlotte?" I asked and she shrugged. "She's family, we do talk." She told me and I nodded. Charlotte was gonna stay the nice one.
"Amber and Ben." Mr. Wright said and they almost immediately started to complain. "Shut up and sit, start to like each other." Mr. Wright told us and they grumbled. "Juliet and Drake!" He said and Juliet looked traumatised. "Of you even dare to speak or touch me, I'll tell Andrew." She warned him as he tried to lay his arm around her. I would hit Drake if he irritated her. He looked pale and looked in my direction, I nodded for him to take it serious. "Korra and Charlotte." He said and Korra sighed relieved. They sat next each other and mr. Wright smiled. "Look that wasn't hard." He said and they glared at him. "Who's left?" He wondered and saw me, Phoebe, Peter and Stephanie a good friend of Phoebe. "Okay, James and Stephanie and Phoebe and Peter." He said and Phoebe and Peter hugged each other. Stephanie glared at me and I didn't know why, I never did something bad. "Explain why you hate me?" I told her and she rolled her eyes. "I don't hate you, but the people that surround you. You're one of the so called populars. I just think you're group is pathetic, it surprises me that you ever were friends with people like Phoebe or Charlotte." She snapped and I raised my hand. "James?" Mr. Wright asked. "I want another seat." I said and Stephanie sighed loudly. "Ignorant as usual, your brain capacity is limited." She told me and I glared at her. "You know what, change with Peter. I now realise they already sat next to each other." Mr. Wright told me and I saw Phoebes smiled fall. I walked over and Peter went to Stephanie. "Hey." I said and she nodded. We sat and followed class, I wanted to speak with her but I saw Korra constantly staring. "You know tomorrow are the presentations." Mr. Wright told us and I saw Phoebe grimace, she wasn't good at it. Her presentations were great and always interesting, but she was a bit to shy. Always looking down and mumbling. "It's gonna be fine." I told her and she stared at me. "How did you know..." I cut her off. "You were once my best friend." I told her and she looked down. "I know." She muttered sadly and I wanted to pull her to me and hug her. "I'm sorry..." she cut me off. "Now you were just telling the truth, we were best friends." She said and bell went. Korra run over to us and hugged me. "Come on!" She told me a I chuckled.
"We're changing seats!" Mr. Loan, our math teacher, said and we all groaned. Why does every teacher want to change seats. "Korra and Juliet." He said and people gasped. That wasn't a good one, mr. Loan. They sat next to each other, glaring them to death. "Peter and Amber." He said and people laughed, I saw Phoebe grimace. Peter sat down and Amber looked disgusted. "Phoebe and Ben!" He said and they hugged each other, I was disappointed. I wanted to sit next to her again. "Charlotte and James." He said and I saw Ben glaring at me. We sat down and she smiled shortly and took her books. I felt happy that she smiled at me. "Stephanie and Drake." He said and the two looked disgusted.
Mr. Loan was teaching us and stuff. Charlotte was being a good student and took notes. She stopped after a while, following mr. Loan was hopeless. She gave me a smile. "Phoebe probably will write it down." She said and I smiled. "She sure will." I mumbled looking at her. She let Ben play with her hair as she payed attention. I always like her face when she was paying attention, she has a little frown and I just thought she looked adorable. "Why are you gazing at Phoebe?" Charlotte asked me amused, I shocked. "I wasn't." I said quickly and she moved closer. "I know you did, but why? Why after what you did to her and us?" She asked her voice too sad for my liking. "What did I do?" I asked and she sighed. "Remember the day they started to bully her for hanging out with Peter. Me and she caught you saying some bad things about her. I don't get why you're gazing if you said something so mean about her!" She hissed and I moved closer. "I would never say about thing about Phoebe, over my death body." I snapped at her and she looked at me. "Well you clearly don't remember." She said and I looked at her. "We just had that big fight and you started to date Korra. We wanted to find you and make it up. So we went to your practice and saw you talking to your teammates. They were laughing about her and Peter, how they would get married. You said that you would be ashamed to be her parent, because the grandchildren would be ugly." She hissed and I remembered. I was so angry at her, people told me she and Peter were about to become a couple. "I was just angry." I snapped. "About what?" She asked and I ignored her, she sighed and went back to paying attention. I felt bad and I wanted to tell her why, but I just couldn't.
Next day at school we had presentations, mine was about Jason, the first one. I needed to tell why I choose him, what inspires me and one of his stories. It was easy for me. I told them, because he had the name of my dad and I explained why my dad got the name and the link between his and the original Jason's story. I got an A and was a happy guy. Korra had chosen the myth about how Apollo was born and told her dad was a son of Apollo. "Don't you have two dads?" A guy thinking he was funny said, she blushed ashamed. She looked at me and I nodded. "Don't you have to shut up?" I snapped at him and everybody laughed, she smiled at me and I winked. Juliet picked the story about Hercules. She told why because her grandfather was Zeus and he was a pretty famous kid of Zeus, she told about when our parents met him and she literally said he was a dick. He was but it's a presentation. She told the tale about one of his tasks. It was Phoebe her turn and she shuffled to the front. "I-I chose..." she was cut off by Amber, who laughed loudly. "Amber." Mr. Wright warned. "Can I just have a second?" Phoebe asked and he nodded, she run to the windows and she mummer something, probably her lines. She came back so confident and we all frowned. "I chose a story, but I don't know if it's true." She said and everybody frowned, I thought she was gonna go for Perseus or something. "It's about before the gods, when Chaos ruled the universe. I didn't found a lot of it. It said that there was one elected, to safe the world from the darkness Chaos brought over it. The elected had the power over four elements, water, fire, earth and air. She put Chaos in a sleep, because she couldn't kill him. As you may ask why. Light cannot live without the darkness, why would light exist if there is nothing to light up. As in the same for darkness, it will always have that one light sparkle. And the elected rules over the universe, but decided to past it to Uranus and she ruled over an empire full with people of her kind, the benders. They say the elected died, but he or she shall rise in another body when the world needs him or her the most. When Chaos threatens to come free, she or he shall be or saviour." She said and we all stared at her. "Why did I choose this story..." mr. Wright cut her off. "Sweetie, where did you get that story from?" He asked her, his voice full with concern. She looked nervous and took a glance at the windows. "The library." She told him and he raised his eyebrows. "You're done." He told her. "But I'm not ready..." he cut her off. "An F." He said. "Next." He said and she stood there in shock. "To your seat." He told her and Charlotte came to get her. She sat down and stared at the window. "Weirdo." Amber said and the class laughed. She laid her head on the table and sobbed lightly. I looked at her. I caressed her hair. "Hey, I like it." I told her and she looked shocked by my gesture. "Why are you doing this?" She asked, her eyes red and I sighed. "That was mean of him." I told her and she looked down. "My parents are gonna kill me." She whispered and I sighed. "They won't, don't worry." I told her. Korra moved her stool to my table. "You shouldn't cry, you just made something up." She told Phoebe. "I didn't!" Phoebe told her and she laughed. "Deal with one bad grade." She told her. "You just see ghosts." She snapped at Phoebe. "Korra." I said and she laughed. "Come on you think the same." She told me and I sighed. Phoebe run out and I looked down. I should've protected her.