Drabble Prompts: You're A Murderer But I Love You

"Spencer! I can't you believe you did that? Oh my God, look at the mess," you stared down at the mess in front of your eyes, throwing your hands up in the air in disbelief.

"I had to! I was attacked, I had no other choice," Spencer looked around the room, his eyes wild and his chest heaving with adrenaline.

"Of course you had a choice, you always have a choice. Murder is never the way to go, you know this."

"But I.... B-but I had to...."

"There were other ways Spencer, other options. You didn't have to do this," you touched his arm softly, trying to calm him down.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't know what to do. It was all so sudden and I was so scared.... Oh gosh, do you hate me? You hate me now, then, right?"

"No baby, no. I love you. You're a murderer but I love you."

"What do we do now?" he looked at you desperately, needing the guidance he knew you'd give him.

"Well, first you need to get the dead body out of here and clean the floor. Then you can head down to the bookstore to get me a new copy. I can't believe you used my favourite book to kill a spider. Next time, trap it under a glass or something and I'll take it outside when I get home."