Central Park

{EDITED AS 28/04/2022}

-
The three hurry through the frost covered park, Evelyn still blushing from her encounter with Newt as they cross a bridge and are almost knocked over by an Ostrich running across it.

She looks at Newt puzzled to which he grins mischievously.

"Put this on." Newt says as the three come to a halt and he hands Jacob a brown protective head gear from out of his pocket.

"Why do I have to wear this?" Jacob asks worriedly as a loud rumble can be heard in the distance.

"Because your skull is susceptible to breakage under immense force." 

An utterly terrified Jacob puts on the hat before following Newt with Evelyn close behind.

They come to a halt at the now nearly empty zoo, the walls are demolished and bricks lay scattered across the floor.

Another loud roar echoes around the park and Newt brings out a body protector.

"Okay, if you just pop this on for me." And he fastens the breastplate over Jacob.

He then walks over to Evelyn, taking her hands in his and gently caressing one of her hands with his thumb.

"I trust you can defend yourself and Mr Kowalski here if anything happens?" Newt asks looking straight at her now as he releases her hands and gently traces the cut on her head lightly with his finger.

Evelyn flinches slightly at the sore area and nods feeling quite flustered as she takes her wand out of her coat pocket.

"I sure can" she states confidently as she can, waving her wand and smiling at him nervously as she starts playing with the corner of her coat with her free hand.

With one last smile Newt walks back to Jacob who has been standing there watching them, a smirk upon his face. 

"Now there's absolutely nothing for you to worry about" Newt rambles as he fastens the breastplate again for good measure.

"Tell me, has anyone ever believed you when you say that?" Jacob asks his expression back to terrified as he looks at Newt uncertainty in his voice.

"My philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice." 

 And without another word Newt grins and takes off closer to the zoo his case tightly gripped in his hand.

Following the excited wizard the two find themselves stepping over mounds of rubble trying to keep up with him, until they stop at the entrance looking up at the creature that's causing chaos.  

The Erumpent is huge with a large rhino like appearance and a massive horn protruding from her forehead, she he stands over a terrified hippopotamus who's being cornered amongst the rubble.

"She's in season. She needs to mate" Newt states and Evelyn attempts to hold in her laugh as she grips on to her wand ready for the action.

Newt begins to dab a spot of liquid from a tiny vial onto his wrists as he holds the lid between his teeth and spits it out onto the ground.

"Erumpent musk, she's mad for it." Newt speaks taking the lid out and handing the vile to Jacob.

He places his case down and opens it slowly near the Erumpent, what happens next both shocks and causes laughter to come from Evelyn.