Chapter 13: McDonald's Escapade

Chapter 13
McDonald's Escapade

"Why did he run?" Derek says as he takes a seat across from me, his tray on his hand, placing it on the table. He has some large fries, chicken sandwich, and a large coke. I take one of his large fries, which makes my best friend frown but lets me. I just shrug, not really wanting to think about what happened about my encounter with Dale.

Derek narrows his eyes at me, his arms across on his chest as his lips set into a thin line. "He could be getting late, the reason why he ran." I reason. I believe, at some point, that it's an utter bullshit to give it to my best friend. Even I believe that it's a bullshit card I've pulled out. But the only reason why I want to make that reason true is that I don't want to make myself believe that Dale's somehow interested on me and he's gay. No. I can't afford to make myself believe in that bullshit. Derek shrugs; the way he shrugs his shoulders, it tells me that he doesn't to butt into my stuff and doesn't believe anything I say. Derek knows me too well.

We're at the McDonalds just a few blocks away from the school. Derek and I decided that it would be best that we'd go here after the school. There are a couple of students from the Sky International School sitting just around the corner of the store, still dressed up on their uniforms whereas Derek and I have already changed before going out here.

My best friend and I are seated just near the door, near the other corner of the store. A guy dressed up in McDonald's uniform is mopping the floor. A girl has accidentally knocked out her cola and it spilled right onto the floor. The bell chimes, indicating that there's another customer coming into McDonald's.

It's Josh Heid Thompson.

Josh is currently one of the richest person I've known, and the fact that he's a gay multi-billionaire guy is adding to his charms. Apparently he's married now to Prince Ezerette Mclane, who was once a straight guy. I believe that his mother was pushing him, forcefully making him meet other girls so he could have a relationship and be happy but Ezerette didn't want it thus resulting him to spreading the rumor that he was married with Josh Heid Thompson, a CEO of a company. They didn't know each other at that time. But I've seen the picture that Ezerette's best friend made, which was he and Josh on a beach, having a beach wedding, which was romantic, I thought. But everything came to an end. The rumor, I mean. It was an act first, but they fell in love eventually. I wish I could have that too.

Along with Josh is his 7-year-old adoptive son Chase and 4-year-old Casey. Chase has a dark brown hair, a little shaggy, but I know that when he grows up, he'd be a chick-magnet. He has this goofy smile tugged on his lips as he looks up at the menu of the McDonald's. Casey has a red hair, an Irish descent, but she's cute. With her puffy cheeks and bobby hair, a little bit chubby (kids that are chubby are perfect and fabulous), she looks like an angel sent from above.

"Hi Josh," I greet him and Josh's eyes meet mine. His eyes light up in recognition and he waves at me, striding his long legs towards my direction. "Long time no see."

Casey and Chase are both disappointed, their lips pouting in their father's direction and I laugh, shaking my head. Josh sighs, ruffling his children's hair and they pout even more. "They are both like that. Ezerette keeps spoiling them so much. Ezerette just scolded me to bring the kids here in McDonald's but it's not even healthy."

"Fries are potatoes, therefore they are healthy." Derek reasons, taking five pieces of fries and shoving it into his mouth, chewing it rather aggressively as he looks at Josh. Josh glares at him. I see that he's struggling a bit to flip Derek off; he can't do it because his kids are right in front of him. Ezerette will kill him if he knows what the kids have learned from him. "That's true." Derek throws him a smirk.