- reckless responsibilty -

ELENORA CLUTCHED HER BOOKS a bit tighter to her chest when she heard a slam from the left side of the lockers, It was followed by a high pitched cry from what she knew was a freshman, and a couple of dark laughs from a crowd of older kids

Another shout sounded in the hallway, and Elenora winced at the volume. She wished Peter was there to tell her which hallways to avoid, and who to not make eye contact with but he wasn't. He was sick and she was alone.

And reckless.

"And what makes you think-" Elenora quickened her pace to pass the crowd, but didn't quite make it without getting sprayed with a mist of spit. She was so caught up in getting out of the fight, and saving herself, she almost didn't notice who was propped against the lockers.

Almost.

It was Jaime, that small kid who sat at the table next to her. They had never talked, barely made eye contact, but suddenly, she had the overwhelming urge to jump in and call out the tall blonde kid who was terrorizing him.

'Be braving is about trusting your instinct. And not to run. Never run,' Tony's words repeated over in her mind. He told her this before she had left after a few tests on tuesday that had left her shaken up.

But she could get beat up, she had training today! And what if Steve found out? She'd be in so much trouble.

Elenora wanted to yell at herself. Back in the foster homes she would never run from a fight- but then again, she had nothing to lose. She had Bucky and Steve now, but as much as she loved them, she knew it shouldn't matter. Elenora was the same person, dads or not.

She swallowed, then exclaimed, with about as much confidence as she could, "Get away from him!"

All eyes peered over to her. The tall one dropped his hold on the Jaime, who plummeted to the floor, his face nothing short of terrified. Not just for himself, but for the fate of the girl who stood up for him.

Like father, like daughter.

While Jaime was worried for the outcome of this, the tall brooding blonde was not. Straightening himself, an evil and disturbing grin covered the towering boy's face. He smirked down at the short girl, with amusement glistening in his eyes. Crossing his arms over his chest, he hushed the crowd.

He took in her small figure; short, nerdy, with glasses to complete the look. Such an easy target, he chided mentally, why would she put herself in harm's way? He wouldn't have even opened in mouth if it wasn't for her outburst, he would never have noticed her.