Chapter 9: Pointing Fingers

The picture is Shelly, who is Jasper's mate.

Thank you to everyone who has been reading and enjoying the story, don't forget to vote and comment.

Hope you enjoy it!

~HarleyVB 💙

Adrian's POV

Adrian's POV

We were back at home, Drake staying over with Clause for the night.

Danny was sitting on Atticus' lap when we got back, the two watching a movie on the TV screen.

"Hey," he said, pausing the movement on the screen. "How was the dinner?"

Finn was helping to hold up my tired body, my side slumping against his.

"It was good, for the most part." He whispered, tightening the hand that lay on my waist.

Danny giggled as he watched my drooping form, standing up to kiss my head and brush my frizzy hair down. He reminded me so much of my mother.

"Goodnight, darling." He said softly, pushing my hair behind my ear.

I moved with energy I wasn't aware I had left, my arms wrapping around him and holding his small body close to mine.

"Goodnight," I gave him one last squeeze before releasing him.

Finn helped me up the stairs, making sure I didn't topple over in my dazed state.

I felt the bed beneath my back and the hands feeling around for the hem of my shirt. A small laugh came to my lips and slurred words rolled out of my mouth.

Something cold pressed against my stomach, I didn't figure out that it was a hand until a kiss was planted beside it. I giggled again, brushing the hair that my fingertips touched as small kisses kept moving up my chest.

"Mmm, feels nice." I hummed, eyes opening slowly.

Finn was watching me cautiously, his hands on both sides of my head and body draped over mine. I should've been scared by how close we were, but it only brought small tingles to the skin that he touched.

He smiled, a thumb brushing against my lips and parting them. Legs straddled my waist and one hand pressed against my hip.

"Adrian," he said softly. "Have you ever been kissed before?"

I wasn't half asleep anymore, my eyes were open wide and watching his every move.

"N-No," I responded, my arm moving so that it was curled over his shoulder and pressed to his broad back.

We were so close that I could see small freckles dotting his nose, each one only making him even more beautiful. I couldn't help it as I ran a finger across his cheekbone and over the small marks.