Kayak Kiss?

I smile looking out over the water watching Jaecee, James, Nathan and Tyson paddling in the orange kayaks.
Justin went out to the truck to get a soda and said he'd be right back. I glance over at Jo who seems nervous.
"You okay?" I ask concerned.
"Yeah why?"
"You look like you're gonna hurl." I state truthfully maybe it's all that coffee she drank?
"...Immcantmmimm." She mumbles under her breath and I raise an eyebrow.
"Wanna repeat that?"
She shakes her head 'no' but sighs.
"I can't swim."
I feel my eyes widen slightly as I look over at her.
"No wonder you look terrible!" I exclaim and she looks over at me with a small glare.
"Thanks for the compliment." She mumbles.
"You know what I meant."
"Yeah..." She sighs.
"But kayaking and swimming are two different things." I reason.
"I'm still surrounded by water."
"We're always surrounded by water-earth is mostly water." I state with a smirk.
"You're funny." She says plainly.
"I know, now hop in." I state gesturing to the kayak.
"I just told you-!"
"That you can't swim, I know-now hop in."
She hesitates before sitting down in the seat, I hand her the paddle before pushing the kayak into the water.
"Raya!"
"Hmm?"
"What if it tips?!" She asks in a panicked voice and Nathan looks over.
"Then I'm sure Nathan will be your hero and jump in to save you and if he's to much of a wimp then I'll do it."
I step back watching Nathan pull up beside her.
"You okay Jean?" He asks.
"Uh huh I'm fine." She blushes and I smirk as they float away talking about old movies while James searches for bullfrogs.
Jaecee and Tyson are whacking each other upside the head with their paddles arguing about which one's right and wrong. Over what? I don't know...I also probably don't want to.
"You not gonna go?" I jump hearing Justin's voice in my ear and turn to see him take a drink from a can root beer.
"Yeah." I answer grabbing the can.
"May I?" He nods and I take a quick drink before handing it back.
"Thanks."
He nods smiling as we both hop into the kayaks and push off drifting in the water as the sun beats down on my face.
"So tell me more about yourself before you came here." Justin says leaning back as we float away from the others.
"Uh...nothing much to tell." I shrug since there's nothing much I really could tell.
"You told me about you and Luke."
"He was my only friend when I was younger...well other then Monroe."
"Monroe?"
"James Monroe, she was my classmate since I was seven and we hung out a lot until we finally became best friends." I smile remembering some funny conversations we had and the pranks we played on Luke.
"She?"
"Yeah, James was named after her dad. It's a unique name for a girl, but I think it's cute. All the others would call her Jae and it was weird for me to call her James because of my brother so I always just called her Monroe."
"What was she like?" Justin asks seeming curious about my past.
"Well when we first met she acted almost exactly like Jaecee, but hanging out with Luke and I she turned into a very spunky and sarcastic girl-I mean more then Jaecee is now. Haha! I remember how Chase had the biggest crush on her!"
I exclaim shaking my head.
I can't remember if Luke and Monroe ever talked much...it seemed Luke disapproved of me hanging out with anyone that wasn't working for or with my dad, Luke always seemed to over protective like a big brother.
"So whatever happened?"
Justin asks and I frown remembering Luke's words.

"You only hurt them by leaving! Your father, your brother, Monroe, me!"

"I had to leave and haven't seen her since." I finally say looking down at my reflection in the water, I always hated looking at it.
It was like looking at every bad thing you've ever done through a mirror that could never fade away.
I brush my hand over the surface of the water causing ripples, but my reflection still reappeared when the water stilled.
"So why'd you have to leave?" Justin asks and I blink away the memories putting on a smirk.
"Wouldn't you like to know?"
I ask in a sarcastic tone and he sighs as if defeated.
"You're not gonna tell me are ya?"
"Nope."
"Why not?" He asks pouting.
"Because you sir ask to many questions." I smile and he puts on an evil smirk.
"Then I guess you wouldn't mind if I asked another?"
I frown curious as to what he's up to, but nod anyway and he leans closer causing his kayak to tip slightly.
"What would you do right now if I kissed you?"
.............................................
I feel my eyes widen slightly in surprise before I smirk forming an EVIL idea in my head.
I lean forward careful not to tip my kayak.
"Why don't you try and find out?" I suggest and he looks shocked for a minute before slowly leaning forward as if testing the waters, causing more wait to this side of the kayak.
I lean back slightly letting him follow until....SPLASH!
  I laugh as he bursts out of the water grabbing onto the side of my kayak.
"What was that for?!" He demands his hair plastered to his face covering his eyes.
"You wanted an answer." I shrug trying not to laugh as I brush back his hair.
"Oh well here's my answer to that!"
Justin grabs my wrist before pulling me straight into the water.
"Ahh!"
I spit out water as I dry my eyes and glare at Justin who's holding me by the waist.
"Jerk!"
"That the best you got?" He asks leaning down.
"Not even close." I warn before tackling him into the water.
"Cannon ball!" Tyson yells before jumping in behind us and Jaecee follows.
I glance over instantly regretting getting distracted when I get dunked under water. Justin pulls me back up holding me bridal style with a smirk as he looks down at me.
"You ready to apologize?"
"Apologize?!" I demand and he nods.
"For what?!"
"Causing me to fall into the water." He answers.
"Hey it's not my fault you don't pay attention, next time yo-"
I cover my nose feeling water surround me before I'm instantly pulled back up.
Oh no I hate this game, the only difference is I have to apologize instead of guessing an object.
"Apologize?" Justin asks.
"Never!" I yell defiantly.
...this continues for seeming like forever until Justin pulls me back up and I look over his shoulder to see James holding a bullfrog with a smirk.
I look back up at Justin knowing I'll need to distract him.
"Justin?"
"Hmm?"
"Can I ask you a question?"
"What is it?"
"Are you...?" I glance up to see James holding the frog just over Justin's head.
"Scared of..."
James sets down the frog on top of Justin.
"Bullfrogs?!"
"Gah!"
Gotta love my brother.
I smirk.