Revealing the Truth

Chapter 12

                I woke up to the light streaming through the window. I looked around the room suddenly remembering where I was. I sat up in the bed before stretching out and loosening all the muscles up in my body.

                I swung my legs out of the bed realising it was only eight in the morning. I needed to do something or I would get bored. I went into the bathroom and found a toothbrush and quickly brushed my teeth before brushing my hair until it was back in its usual straight hairstyle. I washed my face to freshen myself up.

                I walked out of the room and up to the wardrobe where I opened it. There was a range of clothes, dresses, jeans, t-shirts, blouses, jogging bottoms, pyjamas and a variety of shoes at the bottom. Next to the wardrobe was a little cabinet full of underwear. That was when I finally decided to train for a bit in my room at my own pace. I thought it could help take my mind off of the things.

                I changed into some black three quarter leggings and a sports top. I started by stretching out before I got down on the floor and began to do some press ups. I kept going not really keeping count of how many I was doing or how long I was doing it for. I kept going at a pretty fast pace as I began to felt the burn in my arms.

                I then finally changed to doing sit ups instead. I kept going not realising how long I had been doing this for. I didn’t even notice when the key entered the lock and the door opened. I saw Xander walk in while I finished off a sit up. I stopped and sat up. He looked down at me inquisitively.

                “What are you doing?” Xander asked, as he walked over to the desk and placed a tray with my breakfast down on it.

                “I was doing some training. Something to take my mind off of everything,” I spoke.

                “Ok,” Xander replied lying down on the bed.

                “Just give me two second while I have a shower,” I spoke, grabbing some clothes out of my wardrobe and walking into the bathroom. I locked the door and quickly stripped from the clothes and put them in a washing up basket.

                I quickly had a shower before blow drying my hair and changing into the clothes. I made sure I looked somewhat presentable. I was dressed in some black skinny jeans and a light blue tight fitting vest top. When I finally thought I looked fine and good enough, I unlocked the bathroom door and entered into the room. Xander was still sprawled over my bed and glanced my way when I entered the room.

                He smiled at me and it dazzled me. I literally couldn’t speak. It made him look so natural and at ease. I smiled back instantly. I went over and grabbed the breakfast tray off of the desk before perching myself on the edge of the bed. I drank some of the tea first before tucking into the frosties. I ate in the comfortable silence just liking the close proximity to each other.

                I finished the cereal and placed the tray and bowl on the floor keeping the cup of tea in my hands. I sat crossed legged on the bed with Xander still laid out beside me.  I sipped at my cupper until it was gone and I placed that on the floor too.