10: Frenemy

Song: We Never Change

Artist: Coldplay

Frenemy 

We just stood there. Gawking at my brother who seemed to be enjoying every second of this. Out the corner of my eye, I could see Gabriella taking a piece of gum and popping it into her mouth. The only sound to be heard was her constant chewing. Even though I've heard it before, it's beginning to annoy me. I don't know if that's her way of calming down but she should really try something else.

"I thought you'd be halfway to New York by now," I said watching Henry as he got up and leaned against the table.

"Ehh thought I'd make one more stop before going to the other office." He stated then turned to Gabriella.

"Nice to see you again Miss Smith, I hope you decided on what we've talked about the other night."

"My response still stays as is Mr. Clarkson," Gabriella replied in a dead tone.

I raised a brow as I looked at my brother; we locked eyes in which he smirked. I watched as he picked up a sheet of paper from the desk then read it.

"You're already discussing when to go to California." He said reading off the agenda.

"We're on a tight schedule Henry so if you don't mind..." I said gesturing towards the door.

"Oh yes," he said setting down the paper. "Wouldn't want to get in the way of your meeting now would I?" he rhetorically asked walking towards me. He put his hand out for me to shake in which I did, but he leaned in.

"Just remember she isn't an easy one." He whispered causing a chill to kick up my spine.

"I'm right here you know!" Gabriella exclaimed as Henry backed away.

"It was a pleasure socializing with you again Gabriella; I hope we ca-"

"If you're trying to hit a nerve on me brother it's not working so just leave the building please." I cut him off as I walked to the table with Nick trailing behind.

I almost forgot that our assistants were here.

I spun around to see Henry smiling at Gabriella while she glared at him. Suddenly she turned to me with a cold look on her face.

"Mist–Adam what did your brother tell you about us?" she asked tilting her head to the side.

"What any other infuriating sibling says just to piss off their brother. Saying how you two wonderfully disappeared at Claudette's party to go somewhere private." I said avoiding eye contact as I swiped through the iPad.

After I had said those words, it was silent. I glanced up to see Gabriella walking towards Henry. Her heels echoed on the marble floor making me raise a brow.

"You told your brother we had sex?" she demanded, her lips turning into a thin line as Henry laughed.

What happened to him? He's become such an arrogant, egotistical, self-centered douche as if he doesn't care anymore.

Gabriella turned to me as she tried regaining herself. My stomach went in a sudden knot as the thought of them not doing anything entered my mind.

"Yes, we left the party, to talk. Only talked." She said emphasizing on the word only.

An unexpected laugh follows onwards as Gabriella walked around Henry. We all watch the brunette in confusion as she laughed.

"I would never ever degrade myself to someone like you Henry Clarkson, not after what you've done to my brother." She said after recovering from her psycho laugh.