T W E N T Y F O U R

A/N PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT :) 

*****

Eventually, Brinley and Bellamy pulled away from each other as a scream pierced the air.

'Raven.' Brinley breathed. 'We should –'

'Yeah.'

Brinley could feel the awkwardness in the air, neither her nor Bellamy were sure where their stolen moment had left them. Were they friends, or were they something else... something... more?

Did it really even matter?

In only hours, they could both be dead.

Bellamy ushered her into the dropship ahead of him, a small smile gracing his lips that made the tension in her chest ease slightly. Both Clarke and Finn looked up as the two entered, Clarke's face lined with tension, and Finn's holding only blazing worry for his friend.

'Anything I can do?' Brinley asked immediately.

'I don't – no, there's not much I can do aside from cauterise the wound.' Clarke looked to Raven apologetically, 'It's going to hurt.'

'I can take it.' Raven grit out, every breath she took sounded painful and even the smallest movement sent blood pulsing out of the bullet wound.

Clarke held out the knife she had been heating in an open flame, her eyes flicking to Raven's face briefly. 'Ready?'

'Just do it, Clarke.' Raven commanded, Finn gripping her hand tightly.

The scream that left Raven's lips made Brinley feel sick.

'That should stop the external bleeding.' Clarke grimaced at Raven's distress.

'I don't understand, how did Murphy get a gun?' Finn looked to Bellamy for answers.

Bellamy glanced at Brinley before he answered. 'Long story.'

'We got lucky, If Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of me, we'd all be dead.'

'Wait, there's rocket fuel down there?' Clarke asked incredulously. 'Enough to build a bomb?'

'Enough to build a hundred bombs, if we had any gunpowder left.' Raven answered immediately.

'Let's get back to the reapers, maybe they'll help us.' Bellamy interrupted. 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?'

Finn and Clarke exchanged a glance. 'Not this enemy, we saw them. Trust me, that's not an option.'

'There's no time for this,' Finn looked to Clarke, 'Can she walk or not.'

'No, we have to carry her.'

Brinley watched Raven's face change. 'The hell you will, I'm good to go.'

Clarke stopped Raven from trying to stand. 'Hey! Listen to me, that bullet is still inside you, if by some miracle there's no internal bleeding, it might hold until we get somewhere safe but you are not walking there, is that clear?'

In that moment Brinley could see just how similar Abby and Clarke really were.

Raven sighed. 'Yeah.' And not a moment later, she had passed out.

'Get the stretcher.' Finn muttered to himself as he practically ran away.

Brinley's eyes found Bellamy, who had an odd expression on his face, one that screamed trouble. 'Can't run away fast enough, huh? Real brave.'

'Dying in a fight you can't win isn't brave Bellamy, it's stupid.' Finn shot back, turning to face Bellamy again.

'Spoken like every coward who's ever run from a fight.' Bellamy and Finn were in each other's faces now, the tension in the room reaching breaking point.