9 | periwinkle

______________

______________

DRACO PECKED AN eye open.

He was still groggy and his eyes had to wait a few minutes until they took in the lighting of the tent. When he looked to his right, Astoria was not there and he instantly felt a jolt of panic.

     He instantly shot his head up and moved his head back and forth, trying to find his light. He pulled out his wand from the side of the air mattress and held it firm in his hand. "Lumos."

Instantly, brightness took in from his wand and he noticed the opening in the tent. He sat up and crawled to the opening, hoping to find her.

After hastily climbing out of the tent and embarrassingly admitting to himself that he did manage to trip twice or three times before, he noticed the familiar brown hair spilled onto the grass.

His pulse lowered down and he began walking close to her, eventually kneeling down to lay down right next to her. She took a deep breath and exhaled, sending a puff of smoke into the air.

Her dress was still shining against the moonlight and she looked like a goddess or an angel. She was so beautiful under the moonlight and her silky hair made her look like she was floating.

"Astoria, what are you doing out here?" Draco asked.

From he corner of his eye, he saw Astoria smile. "Thinking."

"Thinking about what?" He let out a soft laugh.

"The future." She started. "You know, my parents expect me to have excellent grades and once I am out of Hogwarts, they will probably marry me off to someone, and I am just at home as a housewife. It's not that exciting, isn't?"

The thought of Astoria marry someone else sent a flash of hurt again this heart. The thought of Astoria marrying anyone else hurt him.

What was he feeling?

But he already knew what he was questioning.

He liked Astoria.

He liked her beautiful brown hair that looked like silk. Her smile that made himself smile every time. That laugh she gave whenever he told a joke, and he would congratulate himself that he made her laugh.

Her glowing personality that was hard to miss, and he always wondered how such a bright girl would be stuck up in Slytherin. She was light and he was the pure definition of darkness, how could that work?

But when he gave the smallest glance at her brown eye, he had forgotten everything that ceased to exist. It was just his beacon of light that he was clinging onto for dear life.