Chapter 26 ~ Castle

Sunday, October 9th, 12:20 PM

"Babe. It's raining", he says.

"Oh really? I had no idea", I tease.

He laughs as we run to his car.

"Where to?", I ask as he starts the engine.

"Your castle", he says.

"Like a medieval torture chamber?", I ask.

He then stops, and says, "Just really .. What goes on in that head of yours Josh?".

I then blush and start laughing.

"A country house. It's one of my manners. It's a beautiful quiet place and I'm sure you'll fall in love with its beauty.", he says as he drives off.

"You have a countryside manor? How do I not know this? Also if you have a house. Why do you stay with me all the time?", I ask.

"Firstly. Yes I have about 6 houses and when I'm with you I feel relaxed and comfortable", he blushes.

I blush as I peer out the window, seemed like a long drive but it wasn't raining in this part, the sun shined brightly, the sky looked so peaceful, there were so many trees. Made you truly appreciate how beautiful nature really is, it was a lonely road, not many cars passed us.

"We're almost there", he says.

I laid back in the seat and continued to stare outside, seeing the beauty of the surroundings really made my heart smile.

We then turned and headed up a road. A creepy lonely road. It was a dark road and there were trees covering both sides, looked as if the trees on both sides were fighting each other.

I then peered toward to see a huge manor, almost looked like a castle.

"A stone mansion", I gasp in awe.

"Welcome to your castle my prince", he smiles.

There was an old fountain coming up spewing water. Seemed like an angel was sprinkling water. The architecture of this place was truly incredible and beyond beautiful.

"This place is perfect.", I say with my eyes wide open.

"Wait till you see inside". He says as he gets out of the car.

He then took my hand and led me inside.

There was a huge chandelier hanging and a huge staircase right in the middle of the room.

"Walking straight ahead would take you into the kitchen. Walking right would take you to the living room, walking left would take you to the dining quarters.", he explains.

"This place is amazing and beautiful", I gasp.

"I ask the caretaker to keep it maintained, let me take you to the back of the castle. I'm pretty sure it'll be the icing on the cake", he smiles.

He takes me and again and leads me through and beautifully maintained kitchen out the back door.

I was then silent as my eyes widen. There in the back of this castle was a beautiful garden with an assortment of flowers and plants. Overlooking the garden was a circular lake surrounded by scary trees guarding.

"This manor was taken as a castle when it was built, my friend built it two years ago, I was in awe of his vision that I bought it from him. Took him three months to agree. He originally built it for a special person", he says.

"A special person?", I ask.

"Indeed. I guess it wasn't to be, so he decided he'd take me up on that offer and sell it to me", says Eric.

"You show me this place now!", I ask him.

"I was waiting for the right time", he says.

"As much as I'd like to go sight-seeing. I'm incredibly hungry", I say.

"Yes. Right. I asked the caretaker to make us some lunch. Right this way", he says as he leads me back inside.

"Where's the caretaker?", I ask.

"Gave her the day off, she'll be back tomorrow", he says as he leads me to the dining table.

Even the dining room was breathtaking. A huge table stood in the middle with a fireplace to the left.

"For lunch today we have roast pork, grilled chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, seasoned rice, and chocolate cake", he says in a British accent.

I laughed and then started eating.

"This is so good!", I said munching on everything.

"You're cute when you eat like a neanderthal", he teases.

"I'm sorry. I'm so hungry.", I say while apologizing.

"It's fine babe. It's adorable", he says while getting up wiping my face.

"I'm a big baby aren't I?", I say to him.

"Yes. You're my big baby", he says while kissing me.

We finally finished eating. It was about 1:20 PM.

"I'm gonna go shower babe", he says.

"I'll go site seeing", I say excitedly.

"Very well prince. Don't get lost", he says.

Eric then headed upstairs as I ran to the back of the house into a breathtaking garden.

Red roses, white roses, lilies, daisies, carnations, and an array of flowers and plants I didn't know. Various scents filled the air, with every direction of the wind a new scent emerged. I smile and then head down to the lake. I walk along the walkway and sit at the edge with my feet in the water. The water was cold, the wind blew on my face and the trees sang, the wind was in control. I sat there for what seemed like a couple of minutes but in reality, 45 minutes have passed.

"Yo Josh!", a voice calls out.

I then notice the sky getting darker and the wind blew fearlessly, it was gonna rain soon.

"Come inside. It's gonna rain soon!", says Eric.

I then hurry inside as I hear distant thunder roaring. A thunderstorm was approaching.