Jonas Q&A

Jonas's Interview

Mikaela: ABC's the Bachelorette ended last week and JoJo found love. Today I present to you my friend, and our very own JoJo, Jonas Blackwood, your Preeminence. *Dreamy stare*

Jonas: Hello, everyone.

M: Are you ready for some questions?

J: Yes.

M: Okay, if you were able to, how would you propose to Iris? (From )

J: I'd ask her in the maze by the fountain where she accepted me the first time.

M: Do you have a proposal speech in mind?

J: Yes, but I'd rather not share it with the world. It's private.

M: Yes, of course—private. This one comes from , and it looks like Iris has someone competing for your heart. "I love you, but I have one question, do you really love Iris or do you just want to be with her because she knows you are Expired and she could tell everyone?"

J: I am flattered by your declaration, but my heart does truly belong to Iris. One thing I love about Iris is that she is like me—Expired. But I trust her. She won't tell her secret—our secret.

M: You're so sweet, JoJo. This is from . "How would you feel if it would have been you that saw Iris and Erik kissing in the garden?"

J: *Forces a smile* It would have been heartbreaking. I would have wanted to have thrown Erik out but he would still have been my Tresais, and I couldn't do that. I would have had to accept that she made her choice and it wasn't me. I don't think I could have continued to allow her to live at the Society as her presence would have been a constant painful reminder of what I lost.

M: Let's switch topics. Music. What do you like to listen to? ( )

J: Classical music. I'm not one to sing along to songs, and I've grown up with so many balls held at the Society, that classical is so common and comforting to me.

M: When you first saw Iris back at that motel, and you knew that she was Expired, what was going through your head? (@Crispy_Chan)

J: I couldn't believe it. I wasn't alone. I had no idea who this girl was besides thinking she was Erik's girlfriend. He certainly didn't act like they had any romantic ties. I knew that Erik had to know she was Expired, and I knew he was betraying our family by not turning her in, but I wasn't mad. I was grateful. If he had turned her into the Society in front of the new and old Order and the Amoris, I would have had no choice but to have killed her. Looking into her eyes, I knew I wanted to know all about her, and that if she ever stepped foot in my home, I would protect her the best I could.

M: Can you tell us about your childhood?

J: What can I say? We were brought up to be the next Order. We weren't supposed to show kindness. Defending our honor meant defending the Society. Any threat had to be stopped. I hung out often with the cousins that would be my Order, but even though the Preeminence keeping his Date a secret is a tradition up held by all in the Society including the Amoris, I never went swimming with them. I wasn't allowed to as they often liked to roughhouse and should my bandage be pulled away, they would all know I was supposed to die a week after becoming Preeminence. Colton was always much closer with them because he wasn't held back.

M: And then you finally got to do that in the motel.

J: Yes.

M: How would you treat more Expired? ( )

J: I do not know. Protecting Iris and myself is hard enough as it is.

M: If given the chance, would you end Expiration Dates? ( )

J: I wouldn't. They're too essential to the Society.

M: "What would you do if Colton found out you were Expired?" ( )

J: I'd make it clear that he is not to breathe a word of it.

M: This is from . "Andrew tried to kill you. He was sentenced to exile (by you I might add). You tried to kill Erik. (Which is the same thing) There were no consequences for your actions. How is that fair?"

J: Andrew did try to kill me, and I did exile him against my family's—my cousins', my aunts' and uncles', my brother's, and my parents' wishes. They wanted me to torture him. As Erik was the one who was hurt by Andrew, I asked him if he'd have me torture Andrew, and he told me no. When I shot Erik, it wasn't to kill him. I always knew I couldn't because of his Expiration Date. I wanted to teach him a lesson as the last time I had seen him and Iris, he was holding a gun and dragging Iris away. When I was told Iris was dead and that Erik had killed her, I felt like I had to deliver justice. Of course once I did see her alive, I was still so angry for all the pain that he had put me through that I fired. I regret it.

M: This is probably going to be a tough question for you. Can you handle it?

J: Always.

M: This is also from @Werdette. "If you weren't Expired would you "connect" with Iris the same way you do today? Or would you kill her in a heart beat?"

J: I think given the chance we would connect differently, but still could fall in love easily. But if I wasn't Expired— not dying on my Expiration Date changed me greatly—I would have killed her.

M: "What made you fall for Iris?" ( )

J: It was the night after Erik became Tresais. Iris and I were laying on the roof of the Society, staring up at the stars. Her head was resting on my arm and we talked. I pointed out my favorite constellations to her. At one point she rolled over to look at me and asked if she could trust me and said she wanted to. I knew then that I was highly in danger of falling head over heels for that girl.

M: My heart, Jonas. Why couldn't you have fallen in love with me? *Shakes head* Excuse me, let us turn to the Amoris. Do they know you are Expired? ( )

J: Only my Mother. The Amoris understand it is a tradition for only the parents of the Preeminence to know his date, and with the Preeminence's mother having to be an Amoris, she would know his Date and tattoo him with it.

M: How did they end up on Earth and why? ( )

J: Some of the Amoris were looking for a new place to colonize. Scouts had reported that this country on Earth was at war trying to gain independence. A country that had only recently gone through a war was easy for the Amoris to take over.

M: Okay, asked, "Marry me?"

J: Are you Amorian?

M: asked if you ever considered how much Erik must like Iris.

J: You mean because she reminds him of Molly?

M: wants to know if you ever thought about leaving Iris.

J: I haven't.

M: All right, last question and it comes from . But before we get to it I want to thank you for doing this interview. If you have any questions for Jonas, comment them, and Jonas will try to answer. Iris or the Society?

J: The Society.