Chapter 21

This chapter is so fluffy and sweeter than sweet corn. I like it so much and I hope you guys do too.

Zac//

"I WANT THIS OMG" Evan screamed, drawing the attention of the whole store to us. Even the dogs.

"Isn't it too small?" the kitten looked too small to be raised on its own. It was so cute nonetheless.

"If you like them big then that's your problem" I couldn't help but feel that there's a deeper meaning to what he said but I brushed it off.

"Fine then, we'll get this one"

"Yes!" he cheered. His eyes were wider than ever and his whole face was bright. I loved that. He deserved to be happy. Everyone deserves to be happy at least once in their lives. I wanted him to be happy. I wanted to make him happy. I wanted to be the reason he's happy. But knowing how life treats me sometimes, my chances were low.

<><><><><><>

Evan//

"Will he be mad?" I was worried that Liam would be mad at us for buying a cat. But it looks so nice you can't say no to those pearly green eyes. We named her Mistletoe. I called her toe. She was as white as Rue.

"He's not gonna be mad" Zac told me for like the thirtieth time.

"Ok but what if he got mad that we didn't tell him"

"For the last time, He Is Not Gonna Be Mad".

"Ok".... "But what if"

"Evan!"

"Ok fine. But if he's mad it's all on you" why do people face palm a lot when I'm talking to them?

We were still at the pet shop, buying her food and litter and such.

Zac picked up a litter box and I immediately disagreed.

"Put that thing down and pick the blue one" He shook his head and got the blue one instead.

"I swear to God I don't know why I put up with your weirdness"

We got everything we need and went back home.

We were in Zac's room, with Mistletoe moving around, clearly weirded out by the new place.

"It's so adorable" Zac said.

"I know right? She's too cute"

"I'm talking about you" he clarified and I was taken aback by his comment. "You look really happy and I don't want anything to wipe away your grin"

He was so precious. I scooted over so I was next to his cross-legged figure and kissed his cheek.

He stood up and took off his shirt with one swift move. His muscles rippled as his arms flexed and I immediately felt my tongue twitch.

"I'm going for a swim" It all flashed back.

"Aren't you supposed to rest?"

"I am, but I really feel stiff, and a small swim won't hurt anyone" He was already halfway through the room.

"Just so you know, I'm not letting you out of my sight"

He smirked an evil smirk. "Then," he took off his pants and was down to his boxers "we're both gonna have fun". He fucking knew what he was doing to me and I wasn't even mad. He was hot as hot things.

He went on his way to the pool and I went to pick up Toe. "Come on Toe, we're going to perv on my stepbrother let's go".

I followed Zac, with Toe tucked under my arm. He was already in the water, doing slow laps. I went to the sitting area and put Toe to the ground. She quickly went the other way of the water.