Chapter 3

New name and cover for the story!

    It was three weeks later and soon enough the two Hufflepuffs had became great friends. Every weekend, when they didn't have classes the next morning, Lillian would sneak into Newt's dorm room to join him in his suitcase. They would spend time helping each other with class work or as Lillian drew one of his creatures, he would tell her all he knew about it. Since then, they had started to sit by each other in all of there classes so they could talk even more.

It was nice for both of them to actually have a friend to talk to. The two of them both knew they had a hard time trying to be social with other students. What better way to enjoy something then to do it with someone who understands your struggles. They both understood if one of them didn't want to strike up a conversation and just wanted to sit in silence. For two awkward people there was nothing awkward between them.

In the great hall, everyone was filing in to have dinner for that night. Lillian had already found her spot at the Hufflepuff table, and not even three bites in did Newt appear in front of her. He sat down across the table with a big smile on his face, making Lillian grow curious. " My mum had just sent me a letter today saying her team had found a Niffler!" He told her excitingly, a sparkle in his eyes.

"Aren't those the ones that look like moles and have a thing for collecting valuables?" Lillian asked, remembering reading about them from a book in Newt's suitcase.

The boy nodded, seemingly more excited that she was remembering what he taught her. " Yeah, those are the ones. Sadly this one they found being abused by some crook. They were using it to steal people's money and stuff. They took the man in but they gave the creature to my mum to look after." He explained, causing pity to flash across the girls face.

"Poor thing," She mumbled under her breath, poking at her food.

" My mum told me I could come see it when I leave for Christmas break," Newt went on, finally starting to fill up his plate with food. "I'm really eager to see it, and maybe my mum might let me look after him myself. So I can study them more."

Lillian smiled, happy to see the boy was in a high spirited mood. The both of them had been receiving loads of work to do before the holiday break and it's been stressing them out. However, that reminded her of something, "Hey, did you ever get that essay done for Professor Dumbledore?" She asked, looking back up at him.

At that, his face dropped and she suddenly felt guilty for changing his mood. He groaned loudly, rubbing his hands over his face. "No, I had completely forgotten about that. I don't even know if I could get it done tonight."

Lillian, knowing he wasn't the greatest at transfiguration, came up with an offer." I could come by tonight and help you write it. I mean, I already have most of mine done. I could finish up on it and then help you out." She suggested. Newt thought about it for a moment, running a hand through his hair.

"That would be great but I don't know if you can. We can't always risk my room mates seeing you in the boy's dorm." He voiced, slowly taking more bites of his food.

Lillian hummed, agreeing with him. Every weekend when she sneaks into his case, she always has to be aware of his other roommates. If they were to catch her in his room at night, she could get into serious trouble. It wasn't allowed for the opposite gender to be in the others dorms, especially after curfew. They were lucky that most weekends, his room mates would spend the time in the common room with friends, but there was no saying what they did on the weekdays.