39.0

"I like you."

The three words that came out of my mouth got mixed into the cold breeze, hitting both of our faces. His thin lips that were forming a thin line separated a little, letting a soft short breath. I looked at him through the pool of tears in my eyes, and his eyes looked back at me. He blinked a few times as he closes his mouth, gulping his saliva.

"You're crazy." He whispered, finally opening his mouth. A soft chuckle of disbelief left his lips as he cover his mouth with the both of his hands. "You're... you're insane."

"I like you, Min Yoongi." I whispered and whimpered at the same time. "I don't care what you call me but I like you."

"This is unbelievable." He lets out another chuckle from his mouth.

"I don't care." I step closer to him, my body wanting nothing more than just to touch and feel his warmth against the cold snow falling at us. "I like you."

"Why?" He steps back as he breaths out, leaving his mouth open. "Why do you like me?"

Why do I like him?

Is it because of his smile? Is it because of his fair skin? Is it because of his activeness in basketball? Is it because of his passion of music? Or is it because of things as simple as the way his cheeks puff up when he eats? Or the way he closes his eyes every time he listens to good music? The way he talks? The way he laughs? The way he lives?

"I like you because..." I wiped the tears that stings my cheek as they become cold from the wind. "You're you."

"Bullshit." He kicks the snow from the ground, making me jump in surprise.

"I didn't know that I would end up liking someone like you. Someone who I despised from the beginning. A person who's mean to everyone and kept on repelling other people. A person who never showed any signs of affection. Never in a million years I would think that I will like a person like you." Tears continue to escape my eyes as my voice breaks. "But I like you because of reasons I don't know myself."

It felt like a needle was taken out of my heart. It felt like the heavy load that was pressed on top of me is now gone. I breathed out as deep as I could, sighing at the same time.

He squeezed his eyes shut, breathing out as he drag his palms from the side of his forehead to his jaw. He then shakes his head slowly, then takes a step closer to me.

"Please say something." I look up to him, his face glistening like an angel's.

A warm thumb brushes across my cheek, wiping a teardrop away. The warmth felt comforting like having a hot chocolate on a winter's night. Or going to bed after a long day. It felt great, and I never want it to stop.

I closed my eyes as his thumb presses gently on my cheek, until he spoke.

"No one..." he said, making me open my eyes. "No one has ever liked me the way you do."

His thumb that felt like home left my cheek. I felt like a machine that has been unplugged, or a cellphone that ran out of battery and there is no way to charge it again. He steps away, his eyes never leaving mine, the sound of snow getting stepped on became a noise like nails scratching on a black board.

"I don't know, Eunji. I really don't..." He says as he stare at me. "I don't know what to say right now."

"Then don't say anything and let me talk." I instantly replied. I step closer to him, handing him the present that is now stained with tears and snowflakes. I stretch my arms out, and as he takes it, I let them flop back down to my sides.

"I don't want it." He says coldly, pushing it back to me. I pushed it back harder, nudging him a little.

"That's for you. You can sell it if you want, or you can even throw it in the garbage. I don't care what you do to it but I want to give it to you." The tears seem to have dried up from my eyes, and I could feel nothing but a tingling sensation all over my face. "Just... please accept it."

He finally takes it with the both of his hands, his eyes full of sorrow and melancholy. "This does not change the fact that I was in the ho-"

"I'm sorry." I say unhesitatingly. "I'm sorry for making you get into an accident. I'm sorry for trying to break into your bubble. I'm sorry that I care about you. I'm sorry that I can't stop thinking about you. I'm sorry that I like you."

"Eunji..." He whispers as he seemed to be put into a trance.

"I don't expect you to forgive me but just know how extremely sorry I am, and no matter how much you want me to stay away from you, I would always still like you." I scoffed and smiled at the same time as a single tear drop fall from my eye. "Why do I like someone like you?"

"I never asked you to like me." His voice gentle yet harsh at the same time.

"I know, but even if I want to stop myself for the both of our sake," I take a deep breath and wiped my face for the last with both of my hands before flashing him one last forced smile as I start to walk away.

"It's too late now."

Because i'm already deep into the pit and there's no coming back.