Ch•3- Murals

A/N: Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher, an inspiration to millions and a prominent figure of my childhood. Thank you for all that you did. I'll miss you forever.

                                      ***

           Wanda sat alone in her bedroom that next day, contemplating. She stared out the open window, watching as the cool wind rolled lazily across the green fields that surround headquarters. Her dark curtains floated lightly in the breeze.

           I poked my head around the corner of her open door, thinking of something to say. Everyone else was resting from the long trip home. It took even longer for them to return because of clean up, and they had to finish any legal work that needed to be worked on.

           I looked down to my shoeless toes and entered the room, making my presence noticeable. Wanda blinked a few times, turning her head to acknowledge me "Hi" I smiled, closing the door behind me and smoothing out my sweatshirt "How's it going?"

           Wanda didn't answer, she just lowered her eyes to the floor and brought one knee up to her chest. I stood awkwardly in the center of her tidy room, rocking back and fourth on my heels. I started talking about the first thing I noticed "I uh, I like that guitar, it's nice"

          "It was my brothers" Wandas voice was hoarse, as if she hasn't drank water in weeks. I pressed my lips in to a thin line, remember Pietro. Sokovia, he saved me from a rain of bullets. He gave his life to save mine.

          "Well" I plucked the strings lightly, making random notes as I went along "It's beautiful, sounds good too"

          "Jessi, if you're trying to make me feel better, it is not working" Wanda said quietly, leaning her cheek against her knee. She was closer to my age, but has been through a hell of a lot more.

         I shrugged, taking a seat beside her and rubbed my hands along my thighs "Making people feel better has never been my speciality" I chuckled as I said that.

"I'm a murderer" Wanda mumbled, her dark hair falling over her eyes "that's my specialty"

          "That's not true Wanda, you helped save the world from destruction, you took down Ultron, you-"

           "Have you not been watching the news?" Wanda snapped, but suddenly sunk back down "I'm not like you Jessi, I'm not a world famous hero, people are afraid of me, they're afraid of what I can do... and so am I"

           In a way, I saw myself in her. We're both trying to figure our lives out. She's lost people, and so have I. Wanda and I connected and became friends rather quickly.

          "I try not to pay attention to that stuff, the news over exaggerates anyway" I shrugged, rubbing my hands together "you're a good person Wanda, you're like a sister to me and to everyone else on the team. I screw up sometimes" I admitted "No, I screw up all the time"

"Well you haven't killed anyone" Wanda frowned, looking me in the eye.

          "Yea" I nodded slowly, letting my eyes fall on the scenery outside the window "I have... " I admitted, covering her hand with mine "I did kill someone, and he deserved it, but now, almost three years later... It still bugs me knowing that I took someone's life away, that shouldn't happen. Nobody should take lives, unless it's absolutely necessary"