Chapter 36

Monday, March 2, 2015
8 AM

"I have no idea what to do now." Sam said, sitting down on the couch, feeling defeated.

"We've all gone into her room and we've done everything we can think of, and none of us can get her to stop overthinking this. I hope you feel great about yourself Tina!" Liz said, frustrated.

"I said I was sorry. I just wanted her to see that she already had a lot of people in love with her to boost her confidence even more." Tina said, sighing

"Well, I think we all just need to figure out how to get her to come out again. Her opening night is in less than 12 hours and she needs to start getting happy." Sam said.

"Alright everyone, have you not noticed that Auntie Snix hasn't gone in to cheer up poor little Stubbles? Let me go work my magic." Santana said, coming out of the bathroom and grabbing her phone as she started walking to Rachel and Sam's room.

Everyone heard Santana bang on the door and say,

"Stubbles, I'm coming in!"

"Oh gosh... I hope Auntie Snix doesn't totally make Rachel fall apart even more." Kurt said, worrying.

"Don't worry, I have faith in he.r" Sam said, smiling because he knew that no matter how harsh Santana could be, she could always get her point across. As Santana walked into the room, Rachel sighed and rolled over on her bed so Santana couldn't see her face. 

"You're the best they could do?" Santana ignored her and pulled her phone out.

"Hells yes I am, and in two minutes you are gonna to be out of this bed and ready to fist fight the Taliban and offering to buy me a diamond necklace."

"No pep talks or anything are gonna work right now. Honestly, okay? I've never felt like this before in my entire life." Rachel said, sitting up in bed. "I never thought in a hundred years that I would be too afraid to perform, but these people and all this stuff is just like, in my head. And now I don't even know what's real anymore."

"Okay, seriously, I don't do pep talks, if you want a pep talk you should call Mr. Schue or rent The Notebook." Santana said, which made Rachel look down at the floor. "I took the liberty of looking up some reviews on my phone while I was in the bathroom."

"No, no, no. Look, seriously, a hundred good reviews." Rachel said and Santana cut her off saying,

"She's an ancient looking princess.... She's a freak.... Her hands are frightening, more than amusing and her movements are wildly bizarre."

"Those are awful." Rachel whispered to her.

"They were also written in 1964 about Barbra Streisand when she played Fanny."This made Rachel stop and think for a second.

"I see what you did there." She said, nodding

"You suck at so many things, but not at this, and the thing is that you don't even have to believe me or yourself, all you have to do is get on that stage and open your mouth. You can't do this badly, you don't actually have it in you. You and I only have two speeds, awesome or not at all. Who gives a crap what all the other peasants think?" The girls just sat there for a second looking at each other before Santana got up to walk out of the room. Before she left she said, "I can't stand you 90% of the time, but even I know that when you drag your flat little ass out on that stage tonight, you are gonna murder that crowd." With that being said, she walked out of the room.

"Well....?" Liz asked.

"Give it 10 seconds." Santana replied with a grin. Less than 10 seconds later, Rachel walked out and looked at everyone and said,