Chapter 11: "Turn on"

Everything was a fucking mess. We fell on the floor, and Asher was carrying a bunch of files which scattered all around the ground. I was on top of him, thankfully the towel still wrapped around my body.

"I'm so sorry," I breathed out, ashamed of myself.

"It's okay. I should have-" he paused, gazing at me. My wet hair clinged to my face and he removed a strand of hair off my face.

His jade eyes darkened with lust, mentally undressing me. I tried to get off him and of course I failed. Instead, I ended up rubbing myself against the front of his boxers. I can feel his manhood stir and oh, he was very responsive.

As much as I wanted to stay in that position, I came back to my senses. This time, I successfully lifted myself up off him, making sure the towel was still in its place hiding as much as it could. Though, it wasn't doing a good job at it.

"I should go." I gulped.

"Yeah me too."

We strided off to our rooms, not pausing a minute. Going into my suite, I closed the door behind me, trying to calm myself down.

. . .

I didn't know what was happening outside, and I frankly I did not want to know. I was locked inside my room, too embarrassed to face my boss. Maybe he will fire me for good if I miss the meeting tonight. The amount of awkward encounters I had with this man is too damn high.

But this was no excuse to miss an important meeting; I berated myself. After that awkward encounter last night, I only managed to get out of the bedroom once just to receive my food from room service. I was fully successful in avoiding Asher.

I redid my bed twice, arranging the cushions in a different pattern every time.

A knock on the door interrupted my third attempt at rearranging the pillows. Opening it I was faced with a very well dressed Asher who was carrying a box in his hand.

"Can I come in?" I nodded letting him in. He was dressed in a white dress shirt with grey slacks. Even in such an ordinary outfit he never failed to look good. He just got out of the shower so his hair was disheveled sticking out at the sides.

"We have the meeting today at 3," I nodded confirming that I knew about it. Last night he emailed me the details to the meeting from the next room. I guess he was embarrassed by the stupid incident too.

"And I want you to have this," he handed me the box neatly wrapped in iridescent gift wrapper. Keeping it on the table beside me, I unboxed it.

My eyes were widened in shock. "Is that the new MacBook Pro?"

"It wasn't a problem, your old one was quite inefficient, after all."

"But I can't take this. This must have cost a lot." I said shaking my head.

"To be frank, this was nothing for me, I insist. Besides you are going to be using it for your office purpose as well."

"But-"

He cut me off. "No I don't want to hear anything about this. You are keeping it, end of story." It wasn't a request, I nodded my head placing it on my bedside table.

"Make sure you backup everything onto here. And be ready by two. Gage will be picking us up for the meeting." He left, the smell of his familiar cologne lingering behind.

After raiding my closet, I decided to wear my off-white pantsuit with some comfortable kitten heels. I let my hair down as always, and carefully picking up my new MacBook I decided to meet Asher outside.

Going downstairs, we were greeted by Gage. While Asher just nodded, I formally greeted him, asking him how he has been, trying to make small talk with him. He was quite surprised by the gesture.

We were meeting Mr. Hamilton at his office. The Hamilton's Industries wasn't as massive as the Jones' building but it was built on a stunning location with the seaside view behind. The employees must get an amazing view at work.

We were greeted by a board of trustees and Mr. Hamilton himself. He was a charming old man, and from his looks, I can tell he was once a handsome man.

"This is Armelle, my assistant." Asher introduced me.

I smiled. "It is an honour to meet you sir."

"And I to you. Call me Paul."

We decided to get started with the presentation immediately. I was in charge of explaining the cost budget analysis while Asher covered the rest. He effortlessly went through all the essentials and judging from the looks on their faces, I could see they were quite impressed.

After a three hour meeting, we all decided to grab some refreshments including coffee, biscuits, and cakes. The trustees were commenting on the good presentation while I made small talk with Mr. Hamilton.

"So Armelle how long have you been working for Asher?"

"Not long si-Paul," I quickly corrected myself. "About a month now."

"I'm pleasantly surprised. It does not seem like you have just joined, I think you are effortless at this," I was flattered to hear this given that this was coming from a very successful businessman.

"Thank you Paul. That means a lot." I said earnestly.

He smiled at me, but before he could say anything, he was interrupted by Mr. Chang, one of the other members among Paul's colleagues.

"Will you excuse me Armelle? I will be right back." I nodded, assuring him I will be fine.

After asking the staff, I went to bathroom to freshen up. Eventually, I miraculously retraced my path to the grand hall. But being the messy person I am, I accidentally drop my purse on the floor, its arbitrary contents spilling out all over the floor. I was only carrying my phone, a wallet, and my lipstick. I was able to save my phone and money but unfortunately the lipstick rolled to the end of the hall, stopping at the door. I strided towards it.

I kneeled down to pick up the lipstick from the floor when I heard the familiar voice of Paul Hamilton from the other end of the door. I was about to leave but the next few words exchanged by them stopped me.

"Mr. Jones was quite good."

"I agree. I think he should get the deal. We were all impressed by him." Mr. Chang said, muffled.

"Although, I have my objections. I personally think Mr. Jones isn't quite responsible yet."

"What do you mean?"

"Well he is new to all this. It has been about six or seven years, a short time in business. There is also the fact that this project is not being backed up by the Jones Enterprise but by Mr. Asher himself. We surely cannot look over that; he isn't quite stable yet. He's a young, good-looking man and I have heard the numerous flings he had from the tabloids. He can get distracted. I have put too much into this and I need to be sure that man can handle it well."

I narrowed my eyes. This man doesn't want Asher to have this deal just because he isn't settled down?

"Well, you are right Mr. Hamilton. I guess-"

At that time I couldn't take it anymore. I opened the door on impulse, letting myself in, ignoring the shocked look on Mr. Hamilton and Mr. Chang's face.

"Pardon the interruption, but you just can't presume about someone like that. Asher is very dedicated towards his work. The press are always full of lies. He has settled down already." I stated. "We wanted to keep this a secret but, in fact, we are engaged."

.............

Edited by unlady