Part 32

"I meant to tell you yesterday but...I don't know why i didn't."  I nod as he pulls me into a room and goes in a drew and pulls out a paper and shows me. It was a police report. 

"Child endangerment?" I say reading it and I continue. As soon as I seen Zamaea's name I smiled. "You got a case?" I asked and he nodded. I laughed and hugged him hard and almost made him fall I pulled back and looked at the paper. 

"How? How did you find her?" I asked him and he leans back on the desk. 

"I know somebody who sells 'sugar' and they said they knew a girl named Betty a terrible looking blonde who used to rant about a little girl and her boyfriend. He had to make a delivery to them one and that's how I got the address. I think they are getting a warrant to search the home for drugs and children services has Zamaea." I smiled so hard and I couldn't help but kiss him. He grabbed my waist and I grabbed his shoulders.

"Where is she?" I asked and he grabbed another paper and handed it to me. 

"In Daytona?" I asked and he nodded. 

"If you want I can take you there." He says and I smile.

"Yes. But not now." He nods as a bell went off and I looked around. 

"Time to eat."

************************************

2 weeks later..

"Are you nervous?" He asked me letting his fingers loop around in my curls which was calming me down.

"A little. I haven't been to a group home in a while." I said and he nodded. He got out the car and so did I and he came over to me and kissed my forehead. 

"Come on." He says and I nod as I take his hand and we walk up the steps to the big house and knock on the door. After a minute a woman opens the door with nice glasses on and  brunette hair in a tight bun. 

"Hello. You must be Samira and Lucas Coly." She said it like we were married. Lucas got a kick outta that I can tell by the squeeze in my hand. 

"Yes ma'am." I say and she smiles. 

"Come on in." She opens the door wider and I walk in with Lucas and look around. It looks nice and homey. Better than the one I used to be in. "All the kids should be just now freshening up and getting dressed. Can i get you something to drink?" 

"Yes please." Lucas says and I knew what he meant and I chuckled and slapped his he'd when the lady turned around. 

"I am Mrs. Erwin. It's nice to meet you two Lemonade?" She asked and I nod. 

"Uh yeah sure." I say looking around. After she hands us the cups she smiles.

"So I can't quite remember what your here for." She says and I was about to say something until I heard a scream. I looked over and saw Zamaea smiling and running over to me. I turned and caught her as soon as she jumped in my arms and I hugged her picking her up. 

"I told them you were going to come back!" She says and I smile. 

"I always keep my promises." I tell her and she smiled moving her long curly hair out of her face. I knew it was naturally like mine long and curly ass hell. 

"Oh your here to visit. Are you staying here or are you leaving?" The woman ask writing stuff down and filling out a paper. 

"Leaving." I say and Zamaea smiles.

"How long do we get to keep her?" Lucas asked and the Mrs.Erwin smiled. 

"Until 12 p.m." I nod 12 hours okay okay well have some fun.