How it all started

These series will contain some of my own experiences which made me believe in the paranormal world.

I was around 10 years old. The third floor of our house was getting constructed. Generally the workers would all leave at 6 of the evening. Me and my dad would close the roof access just after the workers  left. So it was obvious that there was no one at the roof.

I distinctly remember  that there would be banging sound on the door at night. There were many incidents that our neighbours saw a dark fig standing at the farthest corner of the roof. Well, we would check the cc tv cameras every time we heard the banging sound. At first my dad though it was maybe a thief as we sometimes  saw a fig standing near the door. There was a few times when my dad checked the roof and there would be no one , though he had just seen someone.

It was just the beginning. After the third floor was constructed we moved there. It is a ritual in our country to say a prayer after moving to a new house.  It was performed to keep the bad spirits away from the house. My dad arranged  the prayer as usual.

After a month or so we started hearing  footsteps on the roof. But this time there won't be any fig. At first we would check if there was anyone on the roof. Soon we all became used to the sound. But it grew  louder. I had some pots on the roof. And they were huge with large trees. The sound grew loud to such an extent that it was almost deafening. At midnight  it would sound like so.eone was picking  up the pots and throwing them around the roof. The next morning  when we would check it seemed that everything is in its exact place.

That year was the first time in my life I had seen my parents so afraid to check the roof at night.

At first they thought it was just the doings of jinns(evil spirits) but eventually  it turned out to be a complete different thing.