chapter 22-plan gone wrong...for good?

Cameron's P.O.V. :

"Mom, you were super amazing today. I didn't expect you to act so well. For a minute, I too got carried away by your acting." I couldn't hold back my excitement.

I hugged my mother tightly. As we parted away from our hug, I could see a confused look on her face as if she didn't understand any of the words I blurted.

What happened to her?

Why does she look confused?

"What are you talking about, Cammy?" she asked, confused.

"Mom...now you don't need to act in front of us. Jason, doctor and I know everything. We are all together in this plan." I said looking at the men and smiling.

"Mrs. Parker...this is what I was trying to tell you since I've examined Mrs. Adams and read her report." Doctor spoke, worriedly.

"Yes, darling! You need to hear what Mr. Smith got to say about your mom's condition." Jason said, concerned.

"What are you guys talking about?" mom said, slightly irritated.

I looked at my mom and then back at the men who looked worried.

"Mrs. Adams, you need to take some rest. Mr. Adams and your daughter-in-law along with your granddaughter will come to meet you in a few moments." doctor said helping mom to lie down on the bed comfortably.

"Yes...tell them to come fast. I have so many things to talk to them." mom said smiling and then closed her eyes to take some rest.

What's happening? Why is mom behaving as if she has really forgotten things?

"Mrs. Parker, please come with us. We need to talk." Doctor said.

Jason and I followed him to the study room.

*****

"Now tell me. What happened?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Honey, the thing is that..." Jason was afraid to complete his sentence.

"What is it, Jason?" I was totally tensed now.

"First come here and sit down." he said as he made me sit on the sofa.

"Actually, Mrs. Adams really got into an accident. She's not acting, she has really has the memory loss and have started imagining things." the doctor said.

What?

"But...when...how?" I started crying.

"Calm down honey. Please don't stress yourself. You'll stress our baby as well." Jason said giving me a tight side hug and wiping my tears.

"But...It's all my fault, Jason. I planned everything and now look what happened to mom. It's all because of me." I said looking at my husband with teary eyes and guilt in my voice.

"It's not your fault honey. It was a bad omen which has passed now. It was just an accident." Jason tried to console me.

It's all my fault.

Flashback...

"Mom, see what you need to do is to just cry loudly as if in pain. Then we all will come running to you and see fake blood on your head. Then we'll call Dr. Smith; Jason's friend, who will examine you and inform the whole family that you have had some sort of memory loss. Shany will surely come panicking. And then when Lara will come today for the piano lessons, you'll start addressing her as your daughter-in-law. This will leave everyone shocked. Then Dr. Smith will inform Shany about your condition and advice him to do as you say, that is, to accept Lara as his wife and act like loving couples." I said feeling proud of my plan.