Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Sam

I was laying down on the bed and staring up at the ceiling lazily, trying to think of what to do.

After my and Xander's night out the other night, everything has been going well. He's been spending more time here at home and with me instead of staying up late and doing work in his office. Everything's great, but I know that it could be better.

I stood up from the bed and made my way downstairs and into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and looked around for something to eat. I sighed in disappointment at the sight of the empty fridge. I have been having stomach cramps ever since I got back from the hospital, which was a week ago.

I went upstairs and stopped in front of Xander's office. I knocked twice before entering his office. Xander looked up when he heard the door open. He gave me a smile before going back to his work. I made way towards him and gave him a hug from behind.

"Xander," I whispered.

I felt him relax in my arms before he put the pen he was holding on the desk and turn his chair to face me. He wrapped me in his arms, making me melt in his warm embrace.

"Yes, my love?" He asked.

"We need to go grocery shopping. I've been having stomach cramps and I really need food to help relieve me of my pain." I told him while playing with his hair.

He chuckled before picking me up by the waist and sitting me down on his lap. He started running his fingers in my hair, making my wolf purr in delight.

"Alright. We'll go in a few minutes, so go and get ready." He said before kissing my forehead.

I stood up from his lap and gave him a peck on the lips.

"Thanks," I said before walking out of his office, feeling satisfied knowing that there will be food to satisfy my hunger soon.

I made my way to our bedroom and into the closet before picking clothes to wear. I put my hair in a messy bun before looking at my reflection in the mirror and nodding in satisfaction. I headed out of the bedroom and went downstairs to wait for Xander.

A few minutes later, I heard his footsteps walking down the stairs.

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded and together, we made our way out of the house.

Xander drove us to the city before parking in front of the grocery store. I got out of the car and grabbed a cart before going in one of the isles, Xander following me closely. I grabbed all the food that I have been craving for and made sure that it's enough to last us at least two months.

Xander just followed me around and watched in amusement as I grabbed food from the isles.

"Are you going to eat all of that?" Xander asked, his voice laced with amusement.

I threw him a small glare and continued my journey through the grocery store. I heard him laugh, but I ignored it and continued looking for potato chips.

"Hey, Sam!" I heard a chirpy voice say my name. I looked up and saw Adriana's smiling face looking at me. Liam was following Adriana while carrying all the food in his arms.

"Hey Adriana, Liam." I greeted them with a small smile, but for some reason, it felt forced. Not to Liam, but to Adriana.

"How are you guys?" I asked them.

"We're fine. We're doing a little bit of grocery shopping because we were out of food." Adriana replied.

I looked at the food in Liam's arms and nodded.

"I see," I replied.

"Liam, Adriana." I heard Xander's voice behind me greet them. His tone a little harsher when he said Adriana's name.

"Alpha." Liam and Adriana said in unison.

"How have you been Liam?" Xander asked.

"Good, Alpha. I hope everything's well between you and the Luna." Liam said, giving me a glance.

"Yes, everything's fine," Xander replied.

The Alpha and the Beta started talking about packs and discussing plans about the rogues that have been entering the land. I started zoning out but was brought back to Earth by Adriana's voice.

"Hey Sam, want to help me find some chicken for the dinner I'm making tonight?" Adriana asked.

I looked at her warily and looked at Xander who was still talking to Liam. I looked back at Adriana and nodded hesitantly.

"Come on then!" Adriana said before I had the chance to tell Xander where we're going.

"Wait." A voice commanded, making Adriana freeze in her spot.

"And where do you think you're going?" Xander asked in a cold tone. I turned around and saw him glaring at Adriana with his arms crossed.

"We're going to go look for some chicken for the dinner I'm making tonight," Adriana replied.

"You're not going anywhere," Xander said harshly.

Adriana pouted and looked at her mate pleadingly. Liam looked at her before shaking his head and looking away.

"Fine then. It's not like I'm handing her to one of the rogues out there or something" Adriana muttered.

I breathed a sigh of relief and stayed close by Xander's side. Liam threw me an apologetic look, but I just shook my head at him and continued my hunt for food.

______________________________________________________________________