13. Classic

"Your out of my head, I'm out of my mind, thinkin' I was born in the wrong time, you're one of a kind living in a world gone plastic baby you're so classic" I sing along quietly to the song that played on the radio

I heard this song in a flash back I once had. I was with a boy, he had platinum blonde hair and one brown eye one green eye, we where dancing around a kitchen making pancakes in our underwear and singing this song, I expected that to be Damon, but it wasn't. Now I'm about to meet Evan, who's apparently my childhood best friend but just a stranger to me. I've had a lot of memories with this blonde guy, I think that's Evan but in some of them we are way to romantic or risqué for him to be someone I've known since my child hood.

I pull up outside of the large apartment blocks and knock off my engine, just sitting in my car for a while mentally preparing myself.
I grab my phone from the passenger seat and text Damon.
Alex:
I just arrived outside which apartment did you say he lives at?

Damon:
221B, 2nd floor number 21 B

Alex:
Wow I'm best friends with Sherlock does that make me Watson?

I lock my phone before climbing out of my car and strolling across the parking lot. I enter through the main entrance and past the main desk keeping my head down low. I enter the elevator which was thankfully empty and head up to the second floor.
As I walk down the corridor counting down the apartment numbers, my stomach twists in knots. 18b...19b...20b...21b.
I stop and stare at the silver numbers and letters on the black door, my heart thumping in my chest as I raise my fist and knock lightly on the door before stepping back and taking a deep breath.
"Coming!" His voice was muffled behind the door causing my stomach to do flips. The door swings wide open and revealed the blonde boy from the memories, shirtless. He stands there staring at me a look of sheer terror and confusion scrawled across his perfect face.
I open my mouth to say something but before anything could come out he slams the door shut.
"Evan?" I choke out.
"Evan please open the door" I sigh leaning my shoulder against the black door and knocking lightly again.
"How?" He yells opening the door again causing me to fall into his apartment floor.
"Son of a Bitch" I hiss pulling myself to my feet and rubbing my shoulder.
"This isn't possible, this isn't happening" Evan rambles, pacing in a frantic state.
"I know you're probably confused and mad right now but please don't tell anyone I'm alive" I breath as he slams his door shut.
"I'm not mad, I understand, you just escaped that nazi thing, don't they like brainwash you or something?"
"Close enough, they're called hydra, they wiped all my memories, they trained me into a killing machine" I explain briefly.
"You're not still with hydra are you?" Evan asks wearily stepping away from me.
"No that's why I died, to get them off my back." I explain looking around the neat apartment.
"Thank god" Evan breaths pulling me into a tight hug and burying his face into my neck.
"I can't believe you are alive" Evan suddenly sobs.
"Well I am, I'm here, I'm not going anywhere" I comfort him as he cries into my neck.
"I knew you weren't dead, I could feel it in my gut" he gives me a watery smile as he pulls away, keeping his hands on my shoulders.  He pecks a lingering kiss to my forehead before letting go of my shoulders and turning away from me.
"Sorry" he sniffs turning away.
"It's okay i get it, I would be like this if my best friend showed up at my door step after being missing for 3 years" I smile.
"Do you mind if I crash here?" I ask nervously.
"Sure...as long as you don't mind sharing a bed" he smirks.
"I don't mind" I chirp sitting down on the sofa.

"So you're the artic Fox? Never expected that" Evan sits down next to me grabbing the bottle of water from the coffee table.
"It's a shit way you found out, I'd rather have told you then for you to see me crying over my dead parents bodies" I say emotionlessly.
"Shit your parents, I'm so sorry Alex"
"Don't be, I'm not upset I can't even remember them"
"What can you remember about me?"
"Uhm... dancing and making pancakes...making out in the school library....giving you a tour around OSCORP...introducing you to Damon and you punching him in the face...having sex in the back of my car" I blush at the last one.
"Where we together?" I ask.
"Yeah we got together when we where 15 broke up when we where 20" he explains.
"So you where my first?"
"I was your first for everything, first friend, first boyfriend, first kiss, first time and first heartbreak"
"Why'd we break up?"
"Wasn't working out, you had a job here in the city while I had to move to England for my job" he explains, the accent makes sense now.
"Ah why'd you punch Damon the first time you met him?" I chuckle at the faint memory.
"I was jealous, I had just came back from England to see you've moved on, I mean I should've expected it I was gone for 4 years and we did break up but I was still into you." Evan says staring off into space slightly.
"Are you still...into me?" I trail off.
"No I don't see you more then my annoying best friend, who I would still Bang if she asked me too" he jokes.
"Where's your friend, Bucky?" Evan changes topic.
"Exactly, he left me about 2 months ago" I say briefly, my whole body tensing up at the mention of his name.
"Did he say why?"
"No he just left me this" I say pulling out the folded piece of paper from my leather jacket pocket and handing it to Evan.
"Oh so are you and Bucky a thing?"
"Oh god no, I mean kind of its complicated" I sigh blushing lightly.
"FWBs?"
"What?"
"Friends with benefits" he explains.
"Still not getting it" I urge him to continue.
"Friends that have sex" he sighs not wanting to say it.
"Oh I guess you could say that" I blush furiously as Evan let's out a chuckle.
"So now what?"
"Lets make pancakes"

...

We settle down in the sofa and begin eating our pancakes while I watched Evan flick through random channels on the tv before settling for the news.
It was a report about the avengers.
"Tern et op" I say with a mouth full of fluffy pancakes. Evan complies and turns the TV up, I say it was about the avengers, 3 of us where missing, me, banner and Thor.
"Where's the green guy?" Evan hums, I shrug my shoulders.
"And the dude with the hammer" I shrug again in reply.
"Must've been cool being in the avengers" he finally says.
"It was they're amazing people" I say simply.
"Damon actually screamed at Steve rogers once" Evan brings up casually.
I choke on air before turning to the blonde," the little shit did what now?" I gasp.
"Cap was understanding it was the day we--we found out you had died...the first time that is"
"God next time I see him he's gonna get a mouthful, not even I would yell at Steve, that man is always angry and ready for a fight, thank the angels Steve isn't the hulk or we'd all be dead" I chuckle.
...

"Morning" Evans raspy voice lures me out of my sleepy state.
"It's too bright" I wince, burying my fave into the pillow.
"It's god, he's calling for you"
"Well he can call for someone else, my phones on silent " I say into the pillow.
"How long you planing on staying?"
"As long as I can without getting us both killed"
"What's that supposed to mean?" Evan says defensively.
"It means" I begin sitting up from my pillow.
"Hydra know me and Bucky are alive, they're after us, the longer I stay here the more chance I have of them getting us" I explain taking in Evans tired demeanour.
"Could've told me that before I let you in" he jokes getting out of bed.
"You're not scared?"
"Nah any hydra agents come here to get you will have to go through me" He says throwing on a tight baby blue shirt and black skinny jeans.
"And I'll treasure them extra 8 seconds...what are you gonna do? Hit them with a frying pan?" I tease.
"Wow hydra made you cold" he pouts.
"It did more then that" I mumble to myself.
"What exactly happened to you in there?" Evan asks sitting at the end of his double bed.
"Experimented on, trained, did missions, killed people, tortured. It was a viscous cycle." I explain, spreading my arms out over the double bed.
"They tortured you?"
"Do you wanna know how I got these scars" I say imitating Gothams own joker and  gesturing to the visible ones on my arms.
"Why would they do that?" He sounded hurt.
"Because I failed a mission"
"That sick"
"You don't know the half of it" I groan flopping back down into the mattress and burying myself in the comforter.