Madam Picquery

-MACUSA - The Pentagram Office - 

"I will not be lectured by the man who let Gellert Grindelwald slip through his fingers." Madam Picquery says to a crowd of wizards and witches before her. 

They fill up the pentagram office, which is a rather large hall arranged like a parliament debating chamber.

However, before she can go on Tina hurries into the chamber and all heads turn towards her.

"Madam president, I'm so sorry to interrupt, but this is critical-" Tina begins to ramble but stops when she halts suddenly and realises what she's just walked into.

There's an echoing silence as every eye watches her, Tina gulps feeling extremely nervous as Madam Picquery begins to speak.

"You better have an excellent excuse for this intrusion, Miss Goldstein." A displeased look on her face as she glares at Tina.

"Yes I do." Tina replies hastily trying her best to act confident as she takes a step forward.

"Ma'am. Yesterday a wizard entered New York with a case full of creatures and well unfortunately some have escaped." Tina states clutching the case in her hand.

"He arrived yesterday Miss Goldstein? You've known for twenty-four hours that an unregistered wizard set magical beasts loose in New York and you see fit to tell us only when a man has been killed?" Madam Picquery says sternly to Tina in a professional yet clearly annoyed manner.

"Who has been killed?" Tina asks disbelief on her face after hearing this news.

Up floating above them is a hologram of Senator Shaw's dead body surrounded by specks of magical light.

"Where is this man?" Madam Picquery asks ignoring Tina's question.

Tina sets the case down in front of her, she opens up the clasps keeping the case shut and knocks on the lid nervously.

Everyone watches intently, silence fills the air until the case creaks open revealing Newt looking sheepish and nervous followed by Evelyn and Jacob.

"Scamander? Lois?" The Minister or Magic questions knowing them from England.

Oh-Um- hello, minister." Newt responds closing the lid of his case.

Evelyn gives a nervous hand gesture to acknowledge him as she stands slightly behind Newt to feel safer.

"Theseus Scamander? The war hero?" A man from the crowd questions.

"No, this is his little brother. And what in the name of merlin are you doing here?" The minister asks confused.

"I came to buy an Appaloosa Puffskein, sir." Newt responds and reaches behind him grasping Evelyn's hand subtlety.

"What are you really doing here?" The minister question obviously not fooled by him.

He then looks at Evelyn and continues. "And you Miss Lois, you've been missing for quite some time."

Evelyn looks at her feet not wanting to see confused look on Newts face or anyone else's in the audience.

"Missing?" Madam Picquery questions looking straight at Evelyn now.