Chapter 33

His arms await me as I run into them, the dark green maxi I'd adorned trailing behind me. His arms wrap tightly around my waist as I collide into him, soft warm lips pressing a sweet kiss to my hair.

"I missed you." I mumble softly into his chest.
"Not more than I missed my angel." Alaricus mumbles gently into my hair, pulling me even closer into him, but for some reason today it simply wasn't enough. I wanted to be even closer, it was an unrelenting urge. In just a few hours a deep yearning for him had formed within me, nearly making my legs tremble beneath me.

The alphas and their mates had visited today, but sadly apart from dinner the alphas had sat speaking with Alaricus, while I'd gone with all the mates and attempted to enjoy their company. This had happened upon the request of the mates, wanting to speak with each other away from their alpha mates for just a little bit. If anyone had tried to argue the pregnant mates had sent them a glare so vicious they'd immediately found themselves unable to speak.

The few pregnant mates were the focus of the event, and their mates rushed in periodically to check up on them, growling at the male mates that sat amongst us. Wolves went a bit crazier than usual when their mate was pregnant, everything seemed a threat, their protective instincts were so high it was nearly suffocating to witness. I'd murder Alaricus if he even attempted to act that way when I was pregnant. I'd quite literally end up murdering him in cold blood, and then be distraught, but that would happen after. My cheeks had reddened as I'd caught my train of thought, and an alpha's mate sweet boyish Nathan had immediately become concerned for me. Of course somehow hearing his distress his mate Alpha Lily had come barrelling in. So many alphas in one place was a bit chaotic especially when their mates were so close.

But apparently me and Alaricus were both a bit of control freaks and great at handling each of our separate dilemmas. We'd managed to get everything settled and calm on each of our sides, probably by different means, but we'd managed just fine.

I nibbled on my lip softly contemplating whether I should do it or not. But the urge grew to the point where I had no control. I pull away from him slightly, hesitantly grabbing his face into my hands, I leant forward my eyes flickering up to meet his own, a fair warning to him. As my lips touch his I can't fathom as to why I'd ever even pondered over not kissing him. His lips are so gentle against mine, and yet a hunger lies just beneath the surface, one he doesn't hide from me, it only makes my yearning for him grow.

His arm wraps tighter around my waist as he lifts me off my feet a bit so he can properly reach my lips. He lightly nudges my face up, deepening the collision of our lips, his tongue trailing over my lips, meeting my own as my lips part slightly under his sweet onslaught of pleasure. He tastes every crevice of my mouth, not leaving anything behind, his hand trailing softly from the top of my shoulder to the very bottom of my hip.

Our lips part as the need to breathe grows dire. My chest rises and falls rapidly my lips slightly swollen and parted as I stare at him, my cheeks flushing slightly at the blatant desire in his honey golden gaze. His honey eyes were only accentuated by the all black suit he had on, the tan smooth skin a sweet contrast, he looked absolutely exotic, he was breathtaking. I'd seen the eyes of females travelling over his large muscled build before their eyes had widened, and they'd turned away quickly. Rightly so, he wasn't theirs to stare at.

"I didn't think anyone could possibly love anyone as much as I love you, I don't think anyone ever has nor will they ever, nobody has you." He murmurs gently and my eyes water slightly at his words, my chest constricting, I was a tad bit over emotional these days, and Alaricus was just a bucket of sweetness most of the time.

"Why are you crying angel?" Alaricus mumbles as a tear falls from my eye trailing gently down the length of my soft pale cheek.
"Did somebody say something?" He asks his eyes hardening.
"No I promise nobody did." I say wiping at my tears with the back of my hand in frustration. Alaricus gently grabs ahold of my wrist resting my hand onto his chest, instead rubbing his own large warm thumb under my eyes to collect my tears.