73|| Rook to G2

73|| Rook to G2

For a group returning from war, the coalition of defendants and witnesses that walk into the Ministry of Magic all seem particularly stunning and lively, though focused on the task ahead. At the lead, Tom Riddle is wearing a new Italian suit which he had "borrowed" the day prior, his hair in its perfect curl, a devastatingly attractive man by summation. Hermione sticks to his side, almost touching, as if this is their last time together, which it very well may be. Her honey-laden eyes shimmer with fear, though they harmonize with the bright red dress she wears from the previous Weasley wedding, one that almost had Tom tripping over himself when she came down the stairs. Beside the couple, Harry and Ron lag along, both adorned in their best apparel at the charge of Hermione herself. And behind them are the sharply dressed Weasley family, Luna, Neville, Seamus, and Dean, having met at the Burrow for breakfast not an hour before.

And though he had prayed for peace before the trial, it is the last thing Tom Riddle receives with the reporters swarming them as soon as they step out of the Floo

And though he had prayed for peace before the trial, it is the last thing Tom Riddle receives with the reporters swarming them as soon as they step out of the Floo. Of course, it makes great sense that this would occur, seeing as the news bulletin of 'Voldemort to be Tried' was printed across the Daily Prophet that morning. It's the first time Tom has truly ever hated the mass attention, if not for their pushing of himself and Hermione, then for the reaction resulting from Ron.

"This is rubbish!" Ron exclaims, reading the bulletin of the day's court cases, face growing redder with each word, "They're trying Tom between the Carrow and Umbridge cases! They act as if he is equally as bad as them!"

"This is rubbish!" Ron exclaims, reading the bulletin of the day's court cases, face growing redder with each word, "They're trying Tom between the Carrow and Umbridge cases!  They act as if he is equally as bad as them!"

"You forget that I was," Tom reminds him, knowing it to be true. And yet, he's not a Death Eater or a Dark Lord like the rest of the Wizarding World wants to believe, "though I never Crucio-ed a First Year...nor used a blood quill."

"My point exactly!" Ron cries loudly, his stiff exclamations echoing through the Ministry and now being jotted into reporters' notebooks with great ease.

Seeing this, Hermione worriedly commands, "Ron, please be quiet. Shouting will get you carted away and that will hurt Tom."

At first, Ron looks to protest at the ridiculous happenings of this court case, but upon seeing the serious expression on Hermione's face, he drops the topic altogether. Tom reaches out to wind his fingers through those of Hermione, a gesture to comfort her when she is more scared for him than he is for himself. She does not look to Tom at the gesture--her profile so stunningly beautiful--but Tom can see an ease return to her steps, letting himself accept the facade once more.