Ch•11- Accidents

I climbed the stairs that led back to the control room. Aunt Sharon was at my side. She walked with her arm on my shoulder. My eyes were low as I trudged towards my Dad. He stood leaning against a glass window, in front of him were dozens of live camera footage which showed Bucky in the prison below. I stopped beside him, my arms crossed in front of me. He looked over to me, eyeing my demeanor "Anything?"

"No" I shook my head.

"I knew that sending a child to do a grown mans job wouldn't work, I don't know what I was thinking in the first place " I heard the short guy Everett mumbled.

"Alright, listen here Hobbit" I fired back and pointed my finger at him. My patience had run out with everybody right now. Dad put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me back. He gave me a frustrated stare. I shook my arm away from him and sat down at one of the desks in the control room. I looked down to my hands, hanging my head discouragingly.

"Jessica I don't know what's gotten into your lately" Dad snapped, but kept his voice low so it would just be between us. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked away "you're being rude, arrogant-"

"You're causing it" I leaned forward in my seat, not caring if people heard me or not "You and all these people!" I motioned "The people who created these accords in the first place, itt's all to fit your own stupid agendas!"

"Oh grow up" he groaned, running his fingers through his dark hair. That response caught me by surprise, my mouth fell open slightly "You can't just run around here, expecting for everyone to believe that you're some all wise being who knows what is right and what is wrong. That's not how the world works, stop acting like a child!"

"I'm not childish!" I gritted my teeth "you're childish!" My Dad narrowed his eyes at me, basically proving his point. Okay, maybe that did sound a little bit childish. I dropped the subject, moving on "and going back to that Everett guy, he had it coming" I mumbled.

"He's an adult, he's a well respected Agent, and you are sixteen. You will not talk like that to anyone who is on our side"

"Our side?" I echoed "So not including Steve and Sam?" I murmured, cupping my cheeks with my palms.

"Do you really want to start with me again?!" His voice was sharp. I was really pushing his buttons now. He took off his glasses, squeezing them in his hands.

I heard the change in his tone and I immediately backed down. No matter how old I get, he will always be my Father, and he will always have the upper hand when it comes to arguments. Over the past eight years he has gotten good at winning in verbal fights.

That was the end of our conversation.

Then, the footage began. I looked over to the screen. Dad slipped on his glasses and faced away from me aggravatingly.

"Hello Mr. Barnes, I have been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you" A man sat in Bucky's cell at a desk. He was tall and lanky, he had thick glasses on over his eyes. His accent was foreign. I couldn't tell which one. Dad went to stand at the window beside Natasha "Do you mind if I sit?" I watched the screen intently, listening to the footage.

There were multiple cameras in the room. One was a close up on Bucky's face, he didn't seem interested in this man at all "your first name is James?" The man asked "I'm not here to judge you, I'm just going to ask you a few questions" I glanced over to the small glass office space where Steve and Sam sat.