Chapter 24

(Found This Photo On My Instagram and Thought I would Use It For Inspiration For This Chapter! Enjoy!)

I walk downstairs and Dad is sitting at the table. It's early in the morning and I'm ready for another day of school. "Morning Haiz. How was date night last night?" He asks and smiles. "Fun. We went to see a movie." He nods and I put a couple of toaster waffles in the toaster. "So. Anything planned today?" Dad asks and I shrug. "It's an early release day..so I'll just come back to the apartment." He nods and said "Sounds like a plan." He grabs something and he hands me some photos. "Found those while Sarah and I were cleaning the file box." He says and I look at them. More photos of mom and dad. They're not the best shots but I can live with it and I smile to myself. I go through at the photos and I smile. There are quite a few that are rather adorable and I giggle. "I see you found the embarrassing ones." Dad says and I nod along with smiling. He looks at one and he chuckled along with smiling. "I remember this day..we were at the doctors..to find out what the baby's gender was..and we took this stupid selfie. I look like an idiot..don't I?" I laugh and said "Well..a little. Can you tell me more about that day dad?" He nod and he adjusted his glasses along with smiling. "Your mom was nervous as hell to find out what gender you would be because she didn't know what gender she would get. She wanted to name you Phillip Alec Jones-Thompson if you were a boy. Her little brother's name was Phillip and he died at a young age... And if you were a girl, Hailee Trish Jones-Thompson. We also wanted to name you Ellie Krysten Jones-Thompson as an alternative but neither of us really liked it." I nod and he continued. "We sat in the room and waited for the doctor to come back with the results. She was nervous still and I was comforting her. The doctor handed us the file and we opened it. To find that we would be having a girl..and we were so thrilled. That's where that photograph came from." I nod and said "It's adorable..I like this one..with mom holding me in the hospital." He chuckled and said "I was in the middle of a trial in court when your mom went into labor and I had to have someone sub in for me so I could be there.." He chuckled and he looks over at me with a smile. "I rushed to the hospital as quick as I could and your mom was in the hospital bed. She was a mess..swearing about how we wouldn't even have another kid and she kept swearing and swearing in anger. It was rather funny..I have it on tape somewhere. But continuing, she was in labor for about two hours and finally..you were born and I was so happy. You were so beautiful..you had her face..which sounds weird but to me..you looked like the both of us and I was completely in love. Jessica was so happy that you were healthy and that you were ours..we looked at you together and I got that photograph taken. One of my favorite pictures." I nod and I find another one that is with my parents together. "What about this one?" I ask and he looks over. "That was from..the night I preposed to her..it was a cold December night..we walked through Central Park and Trish was watching you..I was so nervous about proposing..I almost forgot to prepose.." I laugh and he says "But..I remember her face. Shocked and she said yes right away..we shared one of those romantic kisses. Like in those movies and that was an amazing night in my life..I gave her the ring and we took the picture. I actually thought I lost this photo.." He sighs and I look at him. "Keep it." I say and dad rose an eyebrow. "Sarah won't be happy if I do." I look at him and pout. "Do it for me?" I say and he chuckled. "Fine Hailee..I will." I smile and I said "Who named me? You or mom?" He chuckled and said "We both did. I chose Hailee and your mom chose Trish after your aunt." I nod and eat a bit of my food along with putting the photos in my bag. I put my leftovers in the fridge and grab my stuff. "See you tonight dad." I say and he nodded. "I love you Hailee." He says when I'm about to walk out of the door and I said "Love you too dad." I walk out and smile to myself. I start to head to school. I think about how dad mentioned some tapes and I smile to myself. Maybe that's what I'll do this afternoon..try to find those old tapes of my parents together and I chuckle to myself. I go inside and I head to history along with sitting down. I pull out the pictures and look through a couple more. One with my mom who was staring out at something and she had hair done nicely along with make up. I smile and I go through a couple more. They are all amazing photos and I'm surprised I have never seen them. I see people come in and I put my photos away. I look outside and go to my mind place.