1.7

-POV Opal-

I was somewhere unfamiliar but familiar, everything smelled like Samm.

My eyes fluttered open slowly and I sat up. My hands instantly shot to my head, "God my head hurts." I could feel my heartbeat in my head, and my mouth tasted like vomit.

"You would have what people call, a hangover," I looked over and found Samm, "next time, I'm not allowing you to have more than two shots of vodka," his voice was low.

"Why am I in your bed? More the less in your room," My voice was rasped and slow. Samm has never let me in his room.

"I figured you didn't want to stink up your room with vomit, so I figured you could stink up mine instead."

I didn't get that drunk, did I? Maybe I did, I don't remember anything. "What happened last night?"

"Nothing much, you got drunk, tried to dance, fell, and then passed out."

I sighed and looked around his room. It looked really plain, the only thing that stood out was all the photos around the room.

I laid back down, "I don't think I ever want another hangover."

Samm laughed, "is a headache that bad?"

"Yeah, do you have Tylenol?"

Samm got up and went to his bathroom, he came back with a cup of water and two pills. "Thanks," I took the water and pills.

"You can go ahead and have a sick day," he said walking to the door.

"A sick day?"

"Mhm, you can stay in bed, you don't have to do anything today. Now I'm off to make you breakfast."

"Make me bacon?" I asked.

"How would I forget," he turned around and left.

I pulled the warm comforter of to my nose, I took a big smell of it. It smelled like Samm and I enjoyed it probably a little more than I should have.

A while later Samm came back holding a plate with bacon and other breakfast like foods in one hand and a glass of orange juice in the other.

He laid back down on the other side of the bed, "so, wanna binge watch episodes of Drake and Josh?" He asked. he didn't need to ask again. That show was my life when I was younger.

So, Samm and I spent the rest of the day cuddling, eating, and binge watching Drake and Josh.

-0-

I woke up with Samm's arms around me, and my face in his chest, this was where I wanted to be. I took a deep breath, smelling Samm's sent. It never gets old, a mix of cinnamon and mint.

"Good morning beautiful," Samm looked down at me, I awkwardly stopped sniffing him. I looked up and smiled. Samm laughed softly, "I like this."

"So do I," I replied. His grip around me tightened.

"We have to get up eventually, you know that right?" Samm said.

"Yeah, just a little longer is all I need."

Eventually, Samm let go of me and sat up. I sat up too. He leaned over and grabbed his phone off the side table, "shit." He said under his breath.

"Hmm?" I put my hair in a ponytail.

"Sienna is stopping by for a visit."

"Sienna?"

"She's a long time friend of mine."

"Oh." I didn't even know this girl but jealousy hit me.

"She says she'll be here in twenty minutes," Samm sighed and stood up, "I'm hopping in the shower if she shows up just let her in." He walked to his bathroom and disappeared.

I sighed and got up to get something to drink. Samm had stocked the fridge with bacon and orange juice, both being my favorites. I poured myself a glass of orange juice and sat down at the island.

Two stressful glasses of juice later there was a knock at the door. I sighed once more and went to answer it.

I opened the door and found a tall girl, face plastered with makeup and long blonde hair, she looked like a human Barbie. She even dressed like Barbie, a purse in one hand and coffee in the other, short shorts and a spaghetti strap shirt that showed all too much cleavage.

"Hi," her voice was higher pitched and had the type of feel to it that told me she was a snobby rich.

"Hi," I replied back dully, "Samm's in the shower, he'll be out any minute, just come sit-" she didn't even let me finish because she shoved her purse into me and pushed her way past me.

"Oh. My. God. This place hasn't changed at all!" Her voice ringed in my head.

She walked all around the house, I followed behind her. "This rooms always been empty, I wonder if he's done anything to it," she walked up to my bedroom door.

"Excuse me."

She stopped and turned, "excuse you? Who even are you?" She finally took the time to look at me, "Oh, you must be the maid."

Screw jealousy, now all I was feeling was the rage before I could say anything Samm walked out of his room.

"Hey Sienna," he smiled.

"Sammy!" She screamed and ran to him, her heels tapping on the hardwood floor. She engulfed him in a hug and kissed him on the cheek. He quickly pushed her off.

I walked up to Samm, "can you please explain to her that I'm not the maid."

He looked at her and then me and then back to her, "you seriously thought she was the maid?" He asked Sienna.

"Well yeah, look at her," she gestured toward me, "she looks as poor as could be, she would have to be the maid." 

I shoved her purse back into her, "for your information, I'm his girlfriend."

"Why?" Her face and voice had a hint of disgust.

Oh, the rage boiled inside of me.

Samm cleared his throat, "how about we go out and eat."

"Ugh, I'm not going anywhere with her." She glared at me.

Samm sighed once more, "alright, we'll sit here and talk then." He walked the kitchen, Sienna and I followed. All three of us sat down at the island.

"So what are you doing in town?" Samm asked Sienna.

"Well, the father insisted I go reconnect with some old friends, and you being my first boyfriend and all, I figured I would go to you first," she looked over at me and grinned. The first boyfriend hm.

"How long will you be here?"

I was being completely ignored.

"Two weeks or so, but I have nowhere to stay sadly," she reached over and rubbed her hand down his arm. I glared.

"Well, can't you find some place to stay?"

"I was hoping you'd let me stay here in your extra room," she fluttered her eyes.

"I'm sorry to say but the extra room isn't available, but the couch is fine."

"I can't sleep in your bed?" She pursed her lips with a frown.

I interfered, "No you can not sleep in his bed, little miss snobby rich, deal with the couch or find some other place."

"Fine. I'll sleep on the couch."

"Alright, I'm going to go out and get us something to eat, please don't kill each other," Samm said getting up from the island.